New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Hello There!!

I am new to the forum and would like to get assistance on my concern. I am currently purchasing a car from a direct seller and is in the process of securing documents for this. While receiving the original OR / CR from the seller to execute the transfer of ownership, I noticed that there was a slight discrepancy on the chassis number vs. the stencil copy of the vehicle. Can i get advice on how to correct this?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by never424 View Post
    Hello There!!

I am new to the forum and would like to get assistance on my concern. I am currently purchasing a car from a direct seller and is in the process of securing documents for this. While receiving the original OR / CR from the seller to execute the transfer of ownership, I noticed that there was a slight discrepancy on the chassis number vs. the stencil copy of the vehicle. Can i get advice on how to correct this?
    You may seek advice in any LTO office. You may also ask the seller why this is so. If the seller cannot provide a decent explanation, do not purchase the car.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    ask the seller to make necessary correction from the LTO before you purchase the car.. most likely its a mere clerical error and can be corrected easily...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by phezthie View Post
    ask the seller to make necessary correction from the LTO before you purchase the car.. most likely its a mere clerical error and can be corrected easily...
    might be a hot car imo. to the TS confirm first before purchasing, baka ma sayang lang pera mo.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Kung may problema sa Numero ng chassis huwag mo na lang bilin marami naman diyan at sakit ng ulo lang iyan.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    It happened to one of our cars before that it was off by 1 digit. Hindi maayos yung pagka-stencil kaya it appeared like a 0 instead of a 9. From what I remember di naman nahirapan to have it changed (although ang alam ko is may kakilala kame sa LTO during that time).

To TS: Is the "slight difference" same as what we experienced?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Thanks Guys for all the answers.... I already checked it with the seller. It seems clerical error nga lang... na paayos ko na sya... sa records ng LTO. Thanks ulit...

Chassis Number Problem