New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    How can we claim for warranty on our new cars? My ride is barely 6 months and I think I have some suspension and engine problems.

How can I have these fixed and charged to warranty?

TIA Tsikoteers!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just bring your car to any service center/casa and they should be able to fix the problem under warranty.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bring it to your casa, talk to the warranty claim officer..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    To be doubly sure, document your claim for warranty by making a letter addressed to the CASA's service department and indicate the items which need to be repaired or replaced under warranty.

Keep the receiving copy. Any dispute which the CASA may have should be addressed to you in writing also.
    Last edited by Altis6453; November 15th, 2007 at 11:55 AM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    How am I going to contest that this is not due to normal wear and tear? I am quite bothered if they say that this is due to improper care and I should shoulder the repairs to be done. By the way my ride is a toyota altis bought May 2007.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    It pays to be vigilant when claiming for warranty.

Document everything like take note of the date when the problems appeared, take pictures too if you can of the damaged suspension part(s). Don't be easily swayed by the usual "wear and tear" excuse by getting a second opinion from other Toyota Dealers; at least the testimonies/observations will be from Toyota itself.

Be persistent to ask for proof on how is it possible that it is actually your fault despite following periodic maintenance. Have them explain the problem thoroughly, anything less would be subject for dispute.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    How long does it take to have the bushings/ suspension parts replaced? Maybe I should create a thread for this.

CASA Warranty