New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    i have a car that just finished its warranty, so sympre para makatipid i just started having its maintenance sa labas. before nga pala lumabas ako ng casa i got a copy of their PMS price list, then i started comparing it to my car's manual, may conflict. like for example, dun sa price list i should replace the trasmission oil every 25k kms while sa manual 50k kms.

so question is, is the casa's sched calibrated for conditions dito sa pinas or is it shortened a bit just to have more income or both? ano din pala susundin ko na sched?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    follow the manual.. just my 2 cents.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    sorry pala for having the thread posted twice, i accidentally clicked the submit button twice and hindi ko din ma delete yung other thread

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, how much it will cost you? kung kaya naman ng budget palitan in every 25k kms then why not. pwede rin kasing weather/ road conditions.

that's why they called it PMS. ;)

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    follow your manual. casas usually focus on the fast-moving (oil change, tune up, etc.) "pms".

the pms is a schedule of the life of your vehicles' servicable/replacable parts. it was made that way so the vehicle owner can make a schedule of the repairs, aka as "maintenance expenses", instead of going to the service center when everything in your vehicle seems to have given up on you.

mas masaket sa bulsa pag tumirik ka sa daan, nagpa-tow ka, at ipapa-ayos mo lahat ng sira ng kotse mo nang isang bagsakan diba?

that's why following your pms is very important. follow what the manual says.
    Last edited by torque2006; June 22nd, 2007 at 08:03 AM. Reason: dagdag.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Follow the "severe conditions" rating found in your owner's manual.

That should be more than enough.

Some stealerships really make you go back for very frequent "PMS" and insist on sometimes expensive consumables.

This is not really necessary.

In one dealership (they are run by the local representative of their brand and deserve the title thus far so it is not referred to as a stealership) I went to even had a table on the wall indicating what is done and changed per service block including the estimated cost that way, you have a pretty good idea of what is done and how much to expect.

Hope this helps.

:regards:

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    follow your owner's manual pm-schedule. yun sa casa kasi, in order to generate more income ina-advance nila yun mga gagawin.

advice lang sa mga nag pms sa casa, always let your svc advisor explain lahat ng gagawin. example, sa isang casa, every change oil mag oil flushing P420. tapos 1k check up palang engine wash na

Quote Originally Posted by recklus View Post
    so question is, is the casa's sched calibrated for conditions dito sa pinas or is it shortened a bit just to have more income or both? ano din pala susundin ko na sched?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    ty sa mga advice guys, i think if i have the budget i'll have pms more frequent for parts na important since service sa labas eh siguradong half the price compared sa casa.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    i don't think you can go overboard with maintenance so if budget permits, follow the shorter interval.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Me I just follow the car manual. mahirap sa casa magastos tapos kung ok pa nman ang parts papalitan pa din.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
casa pms vs. actual car's manual pms schedule