New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Is there anybody out there that can modify the exhaust manifold of the Carnival J3 TDIC engine? The pipes leading to the turbo is small and constricted (4 to 1 die cast). I am looking at a tuned piping that snakes cleanly before entering the turbo. If possible mandrel bent para mr suwabe ang dating sa turbo.

The challenge is to fit everything (with heat shield) in the cramp space between engine and firewall. I figure it will boost power and torque by 5 to 10%.

While were at it lets throw in a cold are intake to make it breath better. Another 10% boost in power.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    rodski,

first of all, Welcome to Tsikot!

There are a lot of Carnival owners around that could help you in this, In the meantime try this: Carnival Upgrades

and do try visiting Trucks, Suv's, Auv's and Anything & Everything Diesel Forum.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Since turbo ang engine mo, even if you put a CAI the air after the turbo will still be hot. That is why there is an intercooler, by installing a CAI the benefit that you will gain will be less restricted airflow, minimal gains will be felt. If you really want more power you increase the boost, change the muffler to low restriction/freeflowing type, increase pipe diameter, change rubber tubing to and from turbo to intercooler with metal ones that are insulated.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Thanks Bogart for the warm welcome. Also how do I join diesel club

To Arb is there a shop that can do this customized exhaust system? (from headers to mufflers) Also what model no of the k&N air filter can fit in the carnival?

tnx

Rodski

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hi rodski!

from one Carnival/Sedona owner to another, welcome to Tsikot.com

as bogart said, you can find most of the answers to your questions in the Trucks, Suv's, Auv's and Anything & Everything Diesel Forum. I believe that to become a member of DieselClub.org, you have to attend the gatherings/meetings and post in the diesel forums, among other things.

sorry i can't help you out with your upgrade queries, my Carnival is still bone stock and i'm pretty happy with its performance as it is.
    Last edited by mikey177; September 23rd, 2003 at 12:35 PM.

Carnival TDIC headers upgrade