New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2007
    mga sirs,

help po, tanung ko lang kung para saan ang hose na ito? (encircled) nakaconnect sya sa carburetor at airfilter, papalitan ko po sana ng aftermarket na air filter (like simota) kaya lang wala po ko paglalagyan ng hose na ito.

anu po kaya ang mangyayari pang sinara o di ko ginamit... tia

1300 lancer97 yun ride po

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    breather hose yan. check with a mechanic if ok kahit wala na ang hose kung magpapalit ka ng air filter.

or baka masagot ka ni speedyfix about it.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Breather. Since you're carburated, you can just plug it off with a Simota Breather filter.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    bos niky,

how about for my 92 accord 2.2, PGM-EFI? it also has a breather tube. i noticed that if i remove it, the idling goes up but if i put it back it becomes normal. is it advisable to replace it with what you said? are those thay you can buy in concorde, small air filters?

thanks

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Breather. Since you're carburated, you can just plug it off with a Simota Breather filter.
    ah. ok. thanks. i'll do that.

sa mga nagreply, maraming salamat po

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    add ko na din, anu po pala maganda na aftermarket na airfilter? yun parang plato na ipapatong sa carb o yun may tubo?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oldschool na yung plato...pero since ang filter nito ay foam, mura lang imaintain.

yung merun tubo...bili ka ng merun cleaning kit (K&N)...simota is a copy cat of K&N pero I have yet to see a cleaning kit nun. That filter is cleaned and recycled (from time to time) and not replaced.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by emghie View Post
    mga sirs,

help po, tanung ko lang kung para saan ang hose na ito? (encircled) nakaconnect sya sa carburetor at airfilter, papalitan ko po sana ng aftermarket na air filter (like simota) kaya lang wala po ko paglalagyan ng hose na ito.

anu po kaya ang mangyayari pang sinara o di ko ginamit... tia

1300 lancer97 yun ride po
    this is NOT a breather. this is a connection to a thermo electric switch located under the air cleaner element. if you will trace the tube, one line (the longest) is connected to a small circular thing above the exhaust (which has a heat duct if you did not remove it), while the other two are under the air cleaner housing with a T-tube.

the function of this is when you are starting cold, heat generated from the exhaust is directed to the carb intake. dun sa ibabaw ng exhaust ay merong parang flap na magsasara automatically pag mainit na ang makina c/o the thermo switch located under the air cleaner.

the "breather" is the thicker pipe (below the one i described above) from the cylinder head cover to the air cleaner.

carburetor hose, anu po kaya gamit nito?