New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Need help.

My car won't start. It's a 97 Mitsu GLXi matic. I've checked power windows, lights, radio and it its working so it might not be the battery. Previously, it would take me 5-6 attempts before it starts. Is it a starter problem? Thanks and hoping for your reply on this.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kudil View Post
    Need help.

My car won't start. It's a 97 Mitsu GLXi matic. I've checked power windows, lights, radio and it its working so it might not be the battery. Previously, it would take me 5-6 attempts before it starts. Is it a starter problem? Thanks and hoping for your reply on this.
    could be the starter. pag nag start ka ba, hirap sya? o click lang?
    pag click lang kasi, dead battery, pero pag ayaw tumuloy, starter.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thanks for the reply. For 15 attempts this morning, mostly click sounds. Pero had 2 attempts na hirap cya. Mga how much kaya battery ngayon? Thanks again.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kudil View Post
    Thanks for the reply. For 15 attempts this morning, mostly click sounds. Pero had 2 attempts na hirap cya. Mga how much kaya battery ngayon? Thanks again.
    hmmm. probably the battery nga. please take note that even though the stereo, lights and the power windows are working, it does not mean na malakas pa battery mo.

how long have you been using that battery? kung more than three years na, i am sure its the battery.

kung bago lang ang battery or around a year pa lang nagagamit, try to clean the terminals first, and tighten the nuts connecting the battery to the terminals.

1SM, i think costs around 2.5k++. not sure.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I agree with 1d4lv. I had this problem once, battery pala ang problema. Suggest you try muna replacing with a working battery and see if your car starts para ma isolate ang problema. Replace your battery if your car starts with the working battery. .

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Kung talagang malakas pa ang headlights and your electronics are working A-OK, then discount the battery as the culprit. Cranking takes a lot of stored energy away from the battery, so kung mahina na ito, it can't supply enough juice after 15 failed attempts.

Based on your description, I'd hazard a guess that its either your starter or starter solenoid. Baka pudpod na yung carbon brush ng starter.

If it's the battery, get the 2SM (kung kasya). It has more plates and reserve energy than your typical 1SM. Mga 1.9k lang (Megaforce brand).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    pareho lng kaming problem gawa sana me thread buti nlng naitaong>

kapapalit ko lng ng starter sa reys mukhang battery nga ksi nadidinig ko lng tik tik tik minsan wala tpos biglang start sa pang apat or pang lima ganun

thnx sa mga inputs very informative!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thanks a lot guys! on my way to have it checked.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    saktong parehas tayo ng problem at kotse
    ganto rin nangyayari sakin at ang problem ay battery napacheck ko na
    nakakatakot to pag maabutan ka sa ibang lugar bawal pa naman kadyotin matic hehe

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    probably a problem with the starter solenoid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Car won't start