New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    We wish for one that gives security more than sun protection, in these days of rampant car theft.
    Is V-Kool good for this - meaning, can you see people or valuable stuff inside the car when peeking from the outside, either while running on the raod or parked?
    We hear of stories of cars napped when a female driver is seen alone in the vehicle.
    We don't really like double-black tint as it hampers vision.
    Appreciate people' views on the issue, for those who have used all sorts of tint brands.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yep, you can see right through v-kool tints. it's like magic tint, only lighter in shade.

you can try those "one-way mirror" kind of tints. they provide privacy while still letting you see clearly outside. though it doesn't look good on all types of colors of vehicles

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bm5er
    We wish for one that gives security more than sun protection, in these days of rampant car theft.
    Is V-Kool good for this - meaning, can you see people or valuable stuff inside the car when peeking from the outside, either while running on the raod or parked?
    We hear of stories of cars napped when a female driver is seen alone in the vehicle.
    We don't really like double-black tint as it hampers vision.
    Appreciate people' views on the issue, for those who have used all sorts of tint brands.
    V-Kool is more for sun-protection than security... It's expensive too. It's for people who want to be seen driving their cars (especially expensive and unique cars).

Why not try Solar Gard Super Black on the windows and the rear windshield and Solar Gard Magic Black or Magic Medium Black on the front windshield. Solar Gard offers both ultra violet protection and the security of not being easily seen inside your ride.
    Last edited by vicoyski; October 25th, 2005 at 12:26 AM.

Got mine tinted at Solar Gard, well V-Cool is nice but expensive. it will set you back 17-20K depending on your car. Am currently using their Gray-Silver-Gray + medium charcoal on the Windshield, parang siyang salamin but on the darker side... its gives good heat rejection + privacy especially at night.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how much was that solar gard tint and where did you have it installed? if you don't mind me askin, coz i also like solar gard

4900 for the whole car, windshield included.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Where is a good Solar Guard dealer found?
    You like it better than 3M 6888?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok, thanks for that info.

i also don't like dark tints, even if it is only rated as "medium," coz i've got astigmatism and dark tints doesn't really make driving all that well for my eyes.

bm5er: 162 mabini st. san juan. 725 5570

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I'll vouch for the 3M silver gray. Lasts long, doesnt fade. Clear vision from inside, otherwise from the outside.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Car Tint Recommendations