New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Zee Car Plus, am still hoping its a super super isolated case but i dont want my wallet to shoulder the expenses! Potek yan oh.. Several car groups trust this shop kaya madali din ako nagtiwala.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy_01
    can i insist that the car should be repaired without paying anything?
    Kasi ang punto ko ay ang pinagawa ko ay suspension, paano mangyayaring masisira ang distributor eh electrical yun!
    IMHO, mechanical parts(suspension) is definitely different from electrical parts(distributor). WTF!
    cocoy,

i can see the parallels to my case. here's your problem (which was my problem). items like computer boxes and distributors are BIG TICKET COMPONENTS. i don't know about your car, but a Mazda 626 computer box is like 40,000 plus and a distributor is 25,000. I assume prices for your car would be similar...

so if you "insist" that they replace the blown-up part, it will set them back a very goodly amount, far more than the profit they made on your repair (or even all the repairs that day...) so they are going to strenuously resist fixing the problem.. UNLESS you buy the replacement part. There's the thing -- mapapagastos ka ng di oras. A surplus distributor might cost you 4,000 to 5,000 or so. Unless gusto mong mapa-away. Being someone who doesn't "know" anyone, I decided that discretion was the better part of valor (yeah, yeah, call me chicken). So I just paid up for that $%^$%%$!! computer box.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    OT:
    during one of their test drive last saturday, the mechanic was the one driving, 2nd gear kagad and tamad kumambiyo considering puro humps yung area! ^#*$*#$ been hearing the car tumotope! Jeepney siguro minamaneho nun dati.
    Last edited by cocoy_01; April 25th, 2005 at 11:45 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ah, I know that shop, and a lot of people is praising that shop for it's workmanship, I also have an officemate who had his suspension fixed there and okay naman daw.

Baka nga isolated case lang, balita ko madali naman daw kausap may-ari nyan, Mang Toti ba yun.

Sana eh all's well that end's well for you.

Good luck.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    I guess this is one of the problems here in the Philippines --- no matter how "good" the reputation of the car shop, you can't control the misbehavior of the employees. After all, they are just lowly-paid blue collar workers.

I really feel for you. It's EXTREMELY annoying when something like this happens. I was essentially FORCED to pay up for a replacement ECU kasi wala akong ibang kotse. Sobrang hassle talaga mawalan ng kotse.

The owner? manager? of Zee posts in ProtegeTech. Someone should make him aware of this thread...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    hey guys, funny side of my sama ng loob. I asked my mom to get the vehicle for me (BIR employee as an intro last sat. to Mr. Toti, HR dept). I told her to insist not to shed a single peso and told her that it was brought in a great condition. Texted her, "ano balita?"

She texted me this:
    Meron switch na secret. Nahirapan din sila.1 hour din nila hinanap. OK na.

%&*%#$%* where in the hell would you accidentally switch that, ang concern mo lang oil seal and cv joint! It took them an hour to find (or were they just playin under the hood to make it seem a bit difficult)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I suggest talking to Toti directly about it, while you're at it, hanap kang mechanic na trusted mo in terms of engine works. Then ask him for his opinion din.

As a shop owner myself, the internet is a double edged sword, wala kang control sa praises and complaints ng customer, the best thing to do is to settle the problem and klaro ang issue, meaning, kung kasalanan ng shop talaga, panagutin mo, if di mo talaga ginalaw, lalabas at lalabas din na natsempohan ka (the shop) lang ng "last-touch" scenario.

This is especially true for older cars, wherein di mo masasabi kung may natabig na wire lang, nawala na daloy ng kuryente or something like that.

To make it clear lang, I'm not saying Cocoy is lying, nor am I saying Zee is/isn't liable, the fact that 2 forum users ang involved, baka mapagusapan and maimbestigahan nyong maayos kung ano talaga nangyari before magchime-in ng "bystander" reactions na magkakasamaan ng relasyon diba...

Update us nalang kung anong nangyari.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy_01
    %&*%#$%* where in the hell would you accidentally switch that, ang concern mo lang oil seal and cv joint! It took them an hour to find (or were they just playin under the hood to make it seem a bit difficult)
    hey... good thing that ended out well.
    (na-shake dun ang confidence ko kay Zee ahh.. plano ko pa naman pumunta sa kanila for suspension fixes...)

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    best thing is not to leave your car na lang..

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I dont have any reklamo about their workmanships, i even commend their mechanics also toti's brother, pulido talaga sila gumawa.

Best tip na lang is wag iwanan ang auto be it a reputable shop or not, di natin masasabi. Para walang sisi sa huli.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
car shop surprises me with a report that my distributor is dead?