New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Anybody know where is the good shop to have my car repair. My car need paint repair and carburetor modification . My car is Honda prelude 1980 2door and i want it to restore .

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Carb, i suggest you visit the reputable shops sa Kamias, they're well knowned for being carb experts... paint and body, madami dyan, but I'd say shop wisely coz majority of them aren't good even if they're big named.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Well, thanks do you have the address in Kamias. Because i am leaving here in Laguna and dont know much of Quezon City. I really could not find original carburetor so i would like to change it with any new model carburetor to fit it the manifold.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    saan ka sa laguna? sa binan marami dating talyer, some should be able to help you out with your body works.

If you're near coca-cola calamba, meron body works and paint shop na using PPG dyan sa road going to the new calamba munisipyo (going Union Steel).

Sa carburator mo, what seems to be the problem? Why would you want it replaced?

Most OEM carbs works best for the engine you have...unless you plan to make your ride a "pang karera" they buying a brand new carb and fitting it with a new manifold is in order. Try the brands of SOLEX or WEBER. Twin side or Single side draft carbs seems to be the favorite but I don't have personal experience on that.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    Salamat sa advise, right now i am here in Siberia and be home pa next weeks for my days-off. Actually i having a problem with only repair kit for my carburetor. Kaso ala akong mabili for that model. Last time i just changed the power steering that my friend buy in the state.Also the carburetor kaya lang pinabalik ko dahil mali dual siya at wala siyang makita ng katulad ng sa akin. Nag hihinayang naman akong ibenta iyong car ko dahil mura lang siyang mabebenta at malaki na rin ang nagastos ko, so i just plan to restore na lang. Kaya subukan kong dalhin sa calamba pag dating ko, i am just leaving in Southville Binan.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nightrock had his pajero re-painted by that shop in calamba. I'm sure meron din magaling dyan sa Binan...that town use to be haven for local built jeepneys...marami pang magaling na latero, pintor and mechanic dyan palagay ko.

considering that your car is 20 years old na, baka may diprensya na nga ang jets or needle ng carb mo. Maybe what you should try muna honda, baka meron silang repair kit for that carb of your prelude.

kung DIYer ka naman, I'd suggest that you get yourself a repair manual for your ride...available on the net...usually around US$10-25 lang.

The most difficult part to get in a carburator repair kit is usually the rubber boots (parang maliit na motorcycle shocks cover na rubber).

All the rest could be recycled - bearing, jets, needle, springs, etc. - yung gasket pedeng i-DIY. Yung needle (the one you turn to adjust the air feed could be sanded para mawala ang "leeg" due to wear-&-tear.

Mahirap magkalas-balik ng carburator pero it's a thrill (for me...DIYer kasi ako).

The most important part points are:

1) don't overtighten the bolts when you put it back
    2) replace all gasket
    3) use a "shellac" to seal the gasket sa manifold and throttle body ng carb - (not doing this would make the car like sinisinok due to a vacuum leak).

just my 2 cents.

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    Yes, thank you! You were right all i need is a repair kit . But really i try to find those parts need to replaced. I found some in the internet at Nardek in Australia cost AU$61. But i like to know if you can help me what is a good replacement to change my carburetor even to modify the base. I like to buy new carburetor that the parts should be available here and to find a shop that could modify. I really appreciate . Hope to me you when i back home.
    Thanks, Philip

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    solex and weber brands fits most cars. Available in banawe shops. Price range between 6K-20K brandnew. Surplus are cheaper range bet 2k-4K but dont expect too much from it.

You'l need the shape of the butas sa manifold and the possition of the studs. Unfortuntely, you will have to remove the carb from the manifold to get this info.

Car Restoration