New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. frisco Guest
    To anyone here who is really into car repair, what's the best brand of Car Repair Manuals (e.g. Chilton, Hayes, etc...) for the following brands:

Toyota
    Honda
    Mitsubishi
    Nissan

Your replies would be deeply appreciated

frisco

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have both chilton and haynes repair manuals for my Pajero.

Kelangan mo pareho coz not all info is the same. anyways if youre gonna order from abroad, isa lang naman shipping diba? :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you can order repair manuals here: http://helminc.com

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Gregory's

- australian made.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Gregory's din ako. Kaya lang RHD. Haynes puro "bring to repair facility" (or something like that) ang nakasulat. Ngek, bakit ka pa nag-service manual diba?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm. Haven't seen Gregory's yet. Yung parts na ganun sa Haynes yung super complicated na, like transmission overhaul. :D For basic day to day maintenance oks na rin siya. Chilton's is better.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    IMHO the best car repair manuals eh yung FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL ng SPECIFIC CAR MODEL MO.... Kapag bumili ka pa sa dealer minsan they will either give some updated bulletins...

Mahal nga lang pero you'll feel confident when doing some mechanical work kasi talagang hindi ka mawawala di tulad ng Haynes or Chiltons....

RIDE ON...

:cool:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dy3jrm,

how to buy or where to buy the Factory Service Manual. I've asked one casa, they said they don't sell.

I'm looking for the Factory Service Manual ng Toyota startlet '81, Nissan sunny pick-up '89 or '90 and Nissan frontier '03.

Can you help?

9. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Originally posted by JET_7
    Gregory's

- australian made.
    ditto. Majority of the 'broken down' view of the parts are real pictures of the actual parts disassembled. Ok na ok for the DIY mechanic.

I also agree to get at least two repair manuals for the same car (if you can afford to spend for it). I have a Haynes manual as well, and it covers some items that the Gregory's does not. Pero if I had to choose only one of them, dun na ako sa Gregory's. The Haynes is good though for professional mechanics kasi medyo mas may detail in terms of overhauling the engine and other hard core stuff. I got the Gregory's second hand dito na, while the Haynes, I ordered it online sa amazon.com.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    DY3JRM:: Factory manuals are not available locally, unfortunately. But i do agree these are absolutely the best. I've seen the shop manual for the W123, it's complete!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Car Repair Manuals