New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Not that much of a price difference. BTW, I agre with Otep: make sure you get the same width as the one you are replacing. I also made the same mistake during my first use of a ribbed-belt. Itinirik ako sa Kennon. 'Dun tuloy ako nag-spend ng gabi sa loob ng kotse.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup mas ok ang ribbed belts. makapit kahit nababasa yung belt. be sure to use a reputable brand like GATES kahit mahal matibay talaga. Ok rin naman ang BANDO pero much prefer ko ang GATES.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    ok rin Lemforder, oem replacement belts for bimmers

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    yng bang belts mismo may nakatatak na width? or i have to compare the belts side by side to make sure na tama ang width

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ribbed "with teeth" meaning merong grooves parallel to the belt? or meron talang teeth na parang timing belt?

(hindi ko kasi ma-imagine paano ilagay yung timing belt type na belt na merong maraming teeth sa ordinary na pulley)

also naman.. in my limited experience, yung pulley na gumagamit ng grooved belt, meron din grooves yung pulley to match the belt.. (at least ganun nakita ko nung nagpapalit ako ng fanbelts and stuff) so dapat talaga grooved belt gamitin...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    u can use v-belts sa ordinary pulleys na walang teeth, use it like ordinary belts. u don't have to give urself a hard time imagining if it can be done. advantage nito mas flexible cya at the bend kasi may space in between the teeth, unlike sa ordinary belt ma pe-pressure ung belt at the bend kasi solid cya.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    blank check,

two problems i thought of kaya di ko ma-imagine:

1) isn't there a possibility that the toothed belt will get thrown easily?
    2) what if your pulley already has grooves in it? won't that interfere with the teeth?

i have to clarify -- what exactly is meant by TOOTHED belt? a V-belt is NOT a toothed belt, it has grooves running parallel to the belt. When I said a TOOTHED belt, I meant a belt which really has teeth like a GEAR. The teeth are perpendicular to the belt travel. The only belts I know of with these type of teeth are TIMING belts..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Can Ribbed belts replace non ribbed belts