New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Some years ago i had my SiR (with cupholders) Aligned and they say it needs some camber adjustment. And they do their thing. Only to find out after some months that double wishbone suspension does not need to be cambered the traditional way. I spend around P1200 which includes wheel alignment

and yesterday i had my wifes pizza GSR aligned because i replace tie rod end and tie rod bar. and same thing they say it needs to be camber adjust
    Spend around P800

Now, does that camber thing really works? kinikikil lang yung butas sa suspension and thas it. (or i miss something na hindi ko napanood)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    "Kikil" method is the wrong way to adjust camber method in front struts. Ideally, a camber bolt should be used which allows adjustment form +2 to -2 degres. H&R has camber bolts for this.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yaiks! Dapat siguro hindi ko na pina camber align na lang, sayang din P600! ARGH!!!!!!!

So is right to say that the kikil method is just full of crap?

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    yung sa akin (ae92) pina camber ko rin yung likod last year, kinikil lang din, sa may shocks naman kinikil.

ano ba effect pag di mo kinamber? maliit lang naman yung nadjust sa kikil. almost negligible from what i can see, siguro mga 1/4 inch lang.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    yup. kikil method is wrong. pero since most of the cars today have non-adjustable camber, kikil is the way para habulin. mostly naman sa rear ang non-adjustable pero yung front naca-camber naman.

camber bolt is the way to go. go to ZEE, they can fabricate camber bolts for your car para wala na kikil. don't know nga lang how much exactly. around 500-600 ata ang sabi niya sa akin for the bolt plus labor syempre.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jerkky View Post
    yup. kikil method is wrong. pero since most of the cars today have non-adjustable camber, kikil is the way para habulin. mostly naman sa rear ang non-adjustable pero yung front naca-camber naman.

camber bolt is the way to go. go to ZEE, they can fabricate camber bolts for your car para wala na kikil. don't know nga lang how much exactly. around 500-600 ata ang sabi niya sa akin for the bolt plus labor syempre.
    sir san loc ng ZEE. same thing sa akin, kikil method din (ZAFRA).

7. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by evs_13 View Post
    sir san loc ng ZEE. same thing sa akin, kikil method din (ZAFRA).
    ZEE Carplus
    133-E Aurora Boulevard San Juan
    Tel. 724-8309

Toti Cruz is the owner. Alam ko siya puntahan pero 'di ko alam ituro kung paano pumunta doon since hindi ko kabisado street names na madadaaanan. You can call them for directions.

Camber and Alignment