New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    mga sir , lately yung busina ng gen 1 pajeo ko ay very sensitive. a slight touch would honk the horn. sometimes during traffic mag hohonk na lang basta, at continous pa, parang bang naipit. nakakahiya, at baka mapa away ka pa.

binaklas ko yung steering wheel and i saw this round brass plate that serves as the contact point for the horn. and this plate is padded by a foam like cushion that there is only contact when you depress it. parang nag pupulbos na yung foam kaya dumidikit yung contact.

would anyone know if i could get a replacement for that round brass plate? where kaya? or palit na buong steering wheel?

baka me naka encounter na ng ganitong problem, tulong naman. kasi nakakaasar na , minsan sa madaling araw tumutunog mag isa.
    thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Kung wala ka namang airbag, I'd suggest you go ahead and buy a new steering wheel.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup. that's the easiest solution.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    experienced that also before we sold our gen1 pajero. i tried experimenting with the ordinary foam used for dishwashing and cut it to the same thickness but minsan ayaw naman tumunog. since bebenta na rin yung auto, we just installed a toggle switch for the horn (mukhang pang jeep) in one of the vacant switch slots beside the steering wheel. it was unsightly and inconvenient but bebenta na rin kasi e. just get urself a new steering wheel or you could try banawe for some surplus units. btw, if u decide to go looking 4 surplus pajero steering wheels, i suggest that you look for the one that was used by the very first pajero units released by mitsubishi phils. its the type that has 2 spring-loaded horn buttons on the left and right side instead of the one that you have which uses the central circular area as the horn button surface but with the foam buffer underneath. this was my idea before but i abandoned it when my parents decided to sell the car. =)
    Last edited by momoyster; September 10th, 2004 at 01:13 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pk:::buo pa ba yun sa steering wheel ko?

bwisit  na  busina