New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    what a very nice timing...

on my way home tonight, twas really a good thing i let the rain subside a bit before hitting the road...and just about few minutes of driving, my driver side wiper got stucked and stopped right in the middle, the one from the passenger side collided with it and went out of position too...so i stopped, checked what happened...

i got the one on the passenger side back to work pero yung sa side ko wala na...parang free play na sha eh...ang hirap tuloy umuwi! i was thinking...may cable lang ba yon na nagcoconect sa kanila? simple lang ba i diy yon by just unscrewing the plastic cover just right below the windshield?

TIA

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BeetOls

on my way home tonight, twas really a good thing i let the rain subside a bit before hitting the road...and just about few minutes of driving, my driver side wiper got stucked and stopped right in the middle, the one from the passenger side collided with it and went out of position too...so i stopped, checked what happened...

i got the one on the passenger side back to work pero yung sa side ko wala na...parang free play na sha eh...ang hirap tuloy umuwi! i was thinking...may cable lang ba yon na nagcoconect sa kanila? simple lang ba i diy yon by just unscrewing the plastic cover just right below the windshield?

TIA
    If only one of the wiper blades is not working, you’re in luck because you don’t have to replace the whole wiper motor assembly. You might have to reconnect the linkage arm of the wiper in question. This site explains it a lot more detailed.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/wiper1.htm

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    thanks! the link won't open...i'll try to browse the site...i used to be a fan of that site.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ok lang yan Beetols. Sanay ka naman mangapa sa dilim eh. haha.
    Seriously, good thing nothing happened to you. Pacheck mo nalang sa suking mekaniko.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BeetOls

TIA

most probably worn out wiper bushings. mura lang yan bro. definitely hindi wiper motor yan kasi buhay pa yung kabila mo eh.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore
    most probably worn out wiper bushings. mura lang yan bro. definitely hindi wiper motor yan kasi buhay pa yung kabila mo eh.
    or yung wiper linkage sa driver's side natanggal.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    just fiddled with it this morning before going to work...yup..yung linkage nga pero yung nakakabit dun sa passenger side na wiper...i don't know what used to keep it in contact kase wala naman screw (maybe becaues its a moving part), i just pushed the linkage dun sa may pwetan ng other wiper tapos ok na pero pag na lubak eh siguradong tanggal ulit. medyo mahirap gawan ng support dun sa mismong joint kase nakapaloob na sha dun sa drainage and the only thing visible is the shaft/arm going the other wiper...so tinalian ko nalang muna at least para di bumagsak and will have it checked pag natanggal ulit! hehehe...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT po.

San po nagpapapalit ng carbon brush ng wiper motor?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BeetOls View Post

TIA
    hi beetols!you will need to access the wiper link (usually entails removing the cowl grill )to check if the free playing wiper arm popped out of the link. for this you'll just have to pop it back in. otherwise, you may need to replace the whole link if there's extensive damage (around 800 pesos). check if the wiper arm shaft broke from the lock nut, apply steel epoxy as a temporary relief until it breaks down for good.good luck, you can do it!

Bumigay ang wiper...