New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Pls help me find what's causing this:

Whenever I travel on well paved roads at low to moderate speed, i notice this slight bouncing feeling on my steering wheel. This sensation is more pronounced when I step on the brakes.Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    sir, does the steering wheel feel loose?? or the whole car is bouncing??. anywayz, if the steering wheel feels loose then you might have a worn steering rack. and if the car feels loose or if it has a wavy ride (ma-alon) then you might have a busted shock absober(s).

aite, peace.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    it might be easier if you show a mechanic what you feel is wrong. that way he can diagnose the problem there and then.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by KBR View Post
    sir, does the steering wheel feel loose?? or the whole car is bouncing??. anywayz, if the steering wheel feels loose then you might have a worn steering rack. and if the car feels loose or if it has a wavy ride (ma-alon) then you might have a busted shock absober(s).

aite, peace.
    No sir, the steering is ok, only, I can feel that little bouncy ride and it's also felt on the steering wheel itself. I suspect my tires because i rotated them just recently. Though im not sure about it. Maybe some balancing is needed. Thanks for the reply.Ditto for sir speedyfix.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by conzky View Post
    No sir, the steering is ok, only, I can feel that little bouncy ride and it's also felt on the steering wheel itself. I suspect my tires because i rotated them just recently. Though im not sure about it. Maybe some balancing is needed. Thanks for the reply.Ditto for sir speedyfix.
    I see, well if its not "bouncy" and if you think you need a Wheel Balancing then you should feel a vibration on the steering wheel.. specially if your driving at 55-65 MPH (damn.. I forgot how it is in KPH!!.. *90-100 KPH???*).

anywayz, you can check your tire wear & pressure too.. since it might be low (and the treads might be un-even), and youll never know!!

aite, peace.

Bouncing feeling on Honda civic...