New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    A couple of questions lang po.

1. Dapat ba may boost gauge kung ang car mo naka 4agze?

2. Whats it for?

3. Whats a good brand? (not too expensive but still gets the job done right).

Salamat.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you have a turbo.
    measures the boost per psi.

ako vacuum/boost gauge inistall ko.

omori, autometer, vdo

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ey, thanks for the reply.

If i have a supercharger, is it necessary?

Please bear with me, coz i dont know anything about about engines with forced inductions.

Thanks again.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by emar
    A couple of questions lang po.

1. Dapat ba may boost gauge kung ang car mo naka 4agze?

2. Whats it for?

3. Whats a good brand? (not too expensive but still gets the job done right).

Salamat.
    1. nope, don't need it as long as the boost level is factory stock.

2. boost guage gives you a way to measure the pressure of the air in your intake manifold.

3. Auto-Meter

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A boost gauge is essential basta may turbo makina mo. Why? It's the quickest and easiest way to find out if the turbo is still working properly. Usual problems with OE turbos is that nasisira yung rubber diaphragm sa wastgate ng turbo (if you are not using an external wastgate).

If nasira ito, sasagad boost mo all the way to 2bar and up. Result? Blowby makina mo. I've seen this happen on cars with stock boost levels.

As for brands, Autometer and VDO mechanical boost gauges are cheaper compared to the GReddy, HKS, OMORI, Apex'i, and DEFI gauges since they have a lot of features like 30-second playback, max peak and peak hold memory of the boost.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by RS Sprint
    A boost gauge is essential basta may turbo makina mo. Why? It's the quickest and easiest way to find out if the turbo is still working properly. Usual problems with OE turbos is that nasisira yung rubber diaphragm sa wastgate ng turbo (if you are not using an external wastgate).

If nasira ito, sasagad boost mo all the way to 2bar and up. Result? Blowby makina mo. I've seen this happen on cars with stock boost levels.

As for brands, Autometer and VDO mechanical boost gauges are cheaper compared to the GReddy, HKS, OMORI, Apex'i, and DEFI gauges since they have a lot of features like 30-second playback, max peak and peak hold memory of the boost.
    mero din electronic and mechanical boost gauges, mas mahal nga lang yung electronic.

this is where I installed my boost gauge, I bought a single din plate, drilled a hole and inserted the gauge.
    ok sana yung a-pillar mounted pero meron akong a-pillar air bag and ayokong lumipad yung boost gauge sa mukha ko.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1.8T
    this is where I installed my boost gauge, I bought a single din plate, drilled a hole and inserted the gauge.
    ok sana yung a-pillar mounted pero meron akong a-pillar air bag and ayokong lumipad yung boost gauge sa mukha ko.
    hehehe... yup, that would be a very good reason why NOT to install an a-pillar mounted guage. :lol:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I placed my boost gauge on top of the steering column. (sorry, no pic).

It looks kinda ricey, pero its the best place to put it for now since its in the line of sight.

I'm gonna get an A-pillar gauge pod, and IMHO it looks even ricier, pero from a purely functional perspective, that's the best place. 2 na kasi gauges ko and plan to get 2-3 more.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just don't install a fire extinguiser on the a-pillar,... ever heard of this?, nabangga yung car, lumipad yung f.ext. sa mukha nung girlfriend. ayun alam mo na ang nangyari.

ganda sana ng a-pillar mounted kayalang. delikads.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Err, I was gonna get a fire extinguisher but was thinking of mounting it on the front passenger footwell or right in front of the driver's seat. ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
boost gauge question