New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    My BMW 320i E36 body has been in the casa for more than a week now, it was supposed to be just a simple alignment problem....pagkatapos nila i-align (their equipment says that its already aligned kumbaga "0" na daw siya) and did a test drive, di nagbago ang alingment and my car was still swerving to the right....so they checked everything again "daw" (sa tagal nila eh duda na ako eh) from tie-rod to steering wheel, shocks, wheels, rack and pinion etc. etc. wala daw silang mahanap na problem...pero bakit siya nagswe-swerve pa rin? First time daw nagyari sa kanila ito....

They told me to give them more time to check the car out para ma-pinpoint ang problema...right now, gulong gulo na ako...di ko alam kung ano gagawin dahil parang walang alam ang mga tao sa casa....

Guys please help naman, maybe you can suggest something that they should inspect na baka nagcau-cause ng problem na ito...or maybe some of you guys have had this same experience and were able to solve the problem, please share your solution...guys please, I really need some advice....Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Never had that problem with my previous 2-door E36 (or E46). Might be your rack and pinion or maybe just your wheels are not straight.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    car ko naman mazda 323, tapos nagswerve sa left... inayos na ng goodyear servitek, pero parang nag-swerve naman sa right pagchinecheck ayos naman... dahil daw ata kasi tabingi ang kalsada natin diba, para iwas baha...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    car ko naman mazda 323, tapos nagswerve sa left... inayos na ng goodyear servitek, pero parang nag-swerve naman sa right pagchinecheck ayos naman... dahil daw ata kasi tabingi ang kalsada natin diba, para iwas baha...
    Thats funny..I think you should go back to that shop and have them check again. Anyway, about the E36, in stock, the steering is pretty tight (compared to american or jap car) so i dont think it should swerve in a normal average road.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Check the tires baka yun yung culprit mismo. probably mali na yung kain ng tires nung di sya aligned noon

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    They checked na daw yung tires nag rotate pa nga sila konti lang yung na bawas na swerve nung nagrotate sila, baka kaya 4 tires yung may problem?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Maybe something to do with the brakes? brakes on one side or corner slightly slowing the car down perhaps? its a longshot though...

I did experience this before on our car, but the problem is now gone, only thing that changed were the two rear tires.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Have you tried inverting the tires on the rim? Did you check also if any of the rims are hotter than the other (indicating stuck-up brakes)? How about the caster?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yeah! Its really frustrating if the CASA mechanics can't even size-up the problem! Having owned two Bimmers in the past, I stopped going to the CASA since two years ago. Most of the BMW Club members also have their bimmers repaired outside the CASA. Believe you me, the BMW CASA mechanics don't know crap about gut-feel diagnostics and solely rely on computer scanning techniques.

Here are some of the shops patronized by the BMW Club members:

1) AUTOVEC owned by Werner Reimer - located at E.Rodriguez Blvd Q.C. - call 7262978 (btw, Werner is a member of the club)

2) ERL Motorwerx - look for Ernie Lorenzo - located at C. Benitez St. Horseshoe Drive, Quezon City - call 413-3911 (Ernie took care of my E30M3 when I still had it)

3) DTM Performance - look for Tommy Teng - they especialize in suspension problems and boasts of state-of-the-art suspension diagnostic equipment. They're located at Commonwealth Avenue. Don't have the number though. (Tommy is also a member of the club)

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    dati nangyari sa itlog lancer ko yan.. the problem is the mags.. may bengkong..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
BMW alignment problem, CASA does not have a clue what's wrong...pls. help!