New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    mga master tanong ko lng kung pano magpakabit ng blow off valve...
    ano un kahit na stock na kotse pwede lagyan ng blow off valve? parang ang astig kasi pag naka blow off valve ka...
    and how much to place a blow off valve? tnxxx

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    unless your running a turbo or a supercharger..i wouldnt recommend installing a BOV just to get the sound effect.the worst scenario youll get is your ECU messing up since its thingking it has an XX amount of air pressure but the BOV is releasing it.you car will run lean and/or worse,stall.
    BOV are very helpfull if your running with a turbo or supercharger.it helps excess air to be released outside your engine when you release your gas pedal from WOT.instead of building or pushing back the pressured/condensed air back to your turbo..it will released it somehere else so your turbo bearings wont get stressed cause of baack pressure.it also helps in spooling for turbos too.
    on superchargers..it depends on what kind of supercharger setup you have.itll pretty much do the same thing just like in turbo but some supercharger setups would actually re-route the conpresed air back to the intercooler so its not a total waste.excess air will be dumped out.
    my supercharger pretty much do the later so if i go WOT and release my gas pedal mid 3rd gear..any excess air will be re-routed back to my intercooler so i can still use it(really common with centrifugal chargers with built it coolers)
    if you like the sound it gives..go ahead and just install a turbo or supercharger that way you wont be labeled "all show.no go" and actually have something to baack up your sound.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    may kakilala ka ba nagkakabit turbocharger and blow off valve d2 sa pinas?
    mga how much kaya damage? how much turbocharger and blow off valve? labor?
    i am planning to put it on a civic 2.0s MT

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I remember when I ask at Emperor last year their turbo for the Jazz is 100-200k.I don't know if thats the same with the civic.Maybe other shops are cheaper.It depends also in the brand. For me Internals should be done first like clutch, pistons etc..Don't forget to upgrade the brakes,tires and suspension as well..
    Last edited by gearspeed; January 22nd, 2007 at 02:06 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    waw mukhang madugo yan ah! setupan ko muna itsura tsaka na makina hahahahah pero makapagbigay ka ba mga shop gumagawa? and ano brand yung ok? laki ba diff ng meron turbocharger sa wala?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    lmao.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    :hysterical:

:rofl:

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    for DMAX ba puede lagyan ng BOV?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    In my opinion, the 2.0 Civic is quick enough. Most I'd do to it is to slap some intake and exhaust mods on it, and maybe a grounding kit (hook one wire straight to the throttle body) to improve throttle response. That should make you happy for another year or so. After your warranty is up, then you can start looking at installing a turbo... but putting one on a brand new car is a shame, especially if you won't be able to use that power every day.

But before you go boost, slap some real tires on that thing (I wish they'd kept the Advans the older 2.0 had... they were much nicer), and stump up for some good springs and/or shocks. Power without control is nothing.

----

Sa D-Max, I don't know what sensors help to run the fuel management system, but a BOV might upset it... better nalang if you just upgrade your intercooler for more power... mas dramatic pa ang effect.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    why don't you just tape record the sound of a blow off valve, and press 'play' every time you shift? it will be just as effective as a BOV on a stock car and much cheaper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
blow off valve