New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    guys how about for honda esi?ano sa tingin nyong maganda ikarga based on experience? XCS din ba ok?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterZerg View Post
    guys how about for honda esi?ano sa tingin nyong maganda ikarga based on experience? XCS din ba ok?
    on my honda lx,im using xtra unleaded.. its ok..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    the best way to improve fuel economy is to have a light right foot IMHO.
    +1

Use your left foot then (joke). a light foot on the pedal may improve your fc and you may want to consider tune-up on your engine.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    i am just curious how a higher octane rating gasoline can be more fuel efficient than those with lower octane.

based on many threads here in tsikot, it will just be a waste of money if you use a higher octane gasoline compared to what is required in ur car.

assuming that both the low and high octane gasoline in the country meet the fuel requirement of the car, ndi ba maooffset lang nung higher cost yung improved fuel efficiency (kung meron man) using high octane gasoline?
    sa experience ko kasi, i get more kilometers using blaze and when i compute the cost as against the cost of regular unleaded and kilometers i get from it, the extra kilometers i get using blaze more than make up for its cost.

what is indicated in our car manual is the recommended "minimum" octane rating. in my case, when i use higher octane gas, mas matipid, especially on highway driving.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by step22 View Post
    i mean w/c is the most fuel efficient in terms of gasoline... kc no matter what gas i put in i see no difference.
    It will really depend on your car's requirements and tuning.

Most cars have minimal octane requirements. They'll be okay on "92" or "93" RON (equivalent to 87-89 AKI in the US).

Many cars have adjustable fuel maps. Meaning, they'll run different on "92" from "95". Some of them will gain power (and hence, fuel efficiency) from "95" to "96", some will actually lose power.

Older cars often run better on high octane, because it's better at cleaning out the engine, and often because deposits on the head give them higher compressions, which can lead to rough running or knocking on low octane gas. This is condition-dependent. Some old cars run absolutely fine on low octane.

In other words... if you're driving a regular Japanese car... just use whatever gives you the best fuel efficiency for the least amount of money. Your requirements will vary, based on your specific car type, driving conditions, and engine/fuel system condition.

Just don't buy "89" Regular at the provincial station... that's asking for trouble...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus700 View Post
    sa experience ko kasi, i get more kilometers using blaze and when i compute the cost as against the cost of regular unleaded and kilometers i get from it, the extra kilometers i get using blaze more than make up for its cost.

what is indicated in our car manual is the recommended "minimum" octane rating. in my case, when i use higher octane gas, mas matipid, especially on highway driving.
    also managed to improve my mileage by combining shell unleaded and premium. up to now, am still puzzled why. both are rated 93ron. pag pure unleaded or pure premium lang, malakas consumption ko.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Am using Shell V Power for my Jazz....

2901:pokemon:

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    i guess the higher octane level the better..specially for old cars

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    depende po sa tono ng makina.

I've been burning cheap gas sa lancer ko, ok naman. pero yung Xtra ng petron, mas ok ng konti yung takbo nya.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    para kc kahit anong gas gamitin ko parehas lang

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
best gasoline...