New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    hi peeps! question lang, ano ba pros and cons ng spray and ng patong = fiber glass right? friend ko kasi patong ginamit. someone told me ung patong me mga gaps daw un sa loob pinapasok ng water at sa long run baka mag karon ng rust etc. about sa spray naman they told me pinaka safe daw pero minsan nababakbak daw ung paint pag tumagal? so any pickup owners here have expirience in both pls help me choose the best? thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Drop in bedliners from reputable manufacturers (e.g. Carryboy) are usually made of plastic.

Drop in has the advantage of preserving your original paint. However, water can get trapped between the drop-in liner and the pick-up bed. This can lead to rust. Not always, but it can.

Spray-on bedliners are applied by first scuffing (ginagasgas) the original paint of your bed. Then they spray it on. 'Nagbabakbak' depends on how good the prep was done and what kinds of stuff you carry on your beds. Spray on liners can sometimes handle corrosive liquids (e.g. acids) even better than drop-ins.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Water may get stuck in between if you use a drop in bedliner. Baka mabutas or mag-crack ang plastic and di mo ma-notice, umpisa ng kalawang yan. Although maganda syang tingnan.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    had our L-200 sprayed with this. makapal ang nilagay and it has to be roughed up pretty badly para mabakbak.

generally, i'd opt for this.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sa dmax namin, yung fiberglass ang gamit namin. ginagawa namin, from time-to-time check na lang. saka may drain naman yung bed kaya ok lang...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    so alin sa dalawa the best? yeah me point ka ian_rex pede naman patangal time to time dba? i think 30 min lang ata mag tangal? para check for corosion etc. drop in liner mga ilang yrs kaya yan bago magkaron ng problems pag nde chinecheck?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I still prefer spray on.

May ibang drop-in na lumulutong sa katagalan and nagkakaron ng cracks or napupunit if you accidentally hit/slide something sharp on it.

Drop-in kahit magkaimperfection kaya niya itago. O kaya bili kang lata ng Pylox, iretoke mo. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    puwede siguro pa rust proof bago ilagay yung drop in. pero baka mapamahal ka pa kung ganun.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    My truck came with bedliner as standard, and have it for about few months. It was good in a way because they are thicker than spray-on but they flex, and end scratching the paint on the bed, with the humidity and rain, it won't be too long before rust startingt to settle in. I got it removed and installed spray-on bed liner from Rhino Lining. So far, I'm satisfied with the results. I throw pretty much everything in the bed of my truck, my tools, rocks (pebbles), bark, mulch and occasionally my wife (just kidding). My only observation was that the color started to fade but then again its more than 5 years of abuse.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    thanks for the comments! anyway i think il go with spray on. san shop ba magaling gumawa nito? i heard ziebart is good. btw pag nag fade na yan spray on pde ba i spray ulit yan para mag mukhang bago? or babakbakin ung dating spray then resprey again? cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
bed liner? patong or spray? pros and cons of both?