New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    hi maam /sir , i would just like to ask if ano po kaya problem sa battery ng sasakyan namen. na discharged sya then when tried the kadyot/tulak jumpstart. then na revive, so we let the car on for a little while and a bit of a stroll and let the alternator do its work for recharging. a day after nung naipark na pag start namen discharged nanaman. we have been repeating this kadyot start method but it just dies again. revived and battery and after a day discharged nanaman. what could be the main cause of this mishap. please help. any ideas, thanks

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    How old is the battery?

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    My car battery can last 2 months if car is unused. But I make sure it is 100% fully charged by using car battery charger before I travel abroad.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Baka grounded?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by totoGM6 View Post
    hi maam /sir , i would just like to ask if ano po kaya problem sa battery ng sasakyan namen. na discharged sya then when tried the kadyot/tulak jumpstart. then na revive, so we let the car on for a little while and a bit of a stroll and let the alternator do its work for recharging. a day after nung naipark na pag start namen discharged nanaman. we have been repeating this kadyot start method but it just dies again. revived and battery and after a day discharged nanaman. what could be the main cause of this mishap. please help. any ideas, thanks
    as red asks, how old is your battery, po?
    i am very familiar with your scenario. we used to do it when we were young and poor-ish, because we had difficulty buying a brand new battery.
    in our experience, the battery was simply old and dying. it would hold a strong charge for a short time only. after a few minutes running the engine, we could actually re-start the engine using the starter. but after 30 minutes or so, there was only enough juice in her that we could still push-start the car, but not activate the starter..
    have the battery checked at the battery shop, po. sometimes, one of the six cells may be the culprit, but in our experience, once one starts to go, the rest will follow "soon".

another possibility, is that you have a short or a big parasitic leak somewhere. an auto electrician will be able to help you here. but check out your battery, first.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by totoGM6 View Post
    hi maam /sir , i would just like to ask if ano po kaya problem sa battery ng sasakyan namen. na discharged sya then when tried the kadyot/tulak jumpstart. then na revive, so we let the car on for a little

while and a bit of a stroll and let the alternator do its work for recharging. a day after nung naipark na pag start namen discharged nanaman. we have been repeating this kadyot start method but it just dies again. revived and battery and after a day discharged nanaman. what could be the main cause of this mishap. please help. any ideas, thanks
    How old is your battery? and what Brand? its an indicator of your cars electrical. if you have a premium battery and its
    more than 2 years , its time to replace. but if its just 1 year maybe its your electrical system. Delikado na yan darating ang panahon kahit jumpstart hindi na yan aandar. just like dr. d said pa check sa auto electrician.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ilan taon na kotse and battery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    The only batteries that don't decay are the dry charged batteries, once you activate with sulfuric acid, it slowly matures to death. Factors that accelerate death of the batteries include shock and vibration, heat and deep cycling. Otherwise if the battery dies sooner than the expected life, maybe the charging rate is insufficient in comparison to the current draw or the battery is not big enough for the vehicle

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    prolonged periods of battery discharge or undercharge, also hasten battery death.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    5 years old mitsubishi adventure and an outlast brand battery 1 yr and 3 mos old. thanks for all the replies.

feeling ko parasitic load so bka maipacheck nlg sa servitek pa multimeter/voltmeter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast