New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Mukhang nabasa lang ang clutch. Try to use it for a few more days. Baka my nakapasok na contaminants sa clutch housing (mud, etc.).

You are not supposed to step on the clutch when crossing water (unless you had to stop in the middle).

Old wives' tail lang yung tapak sa clutch and high rev sa tubig. Most cars wil happily idle even with the tailpipe underwater. Nakakaba lang sa una.
    hi otep. are you sure about this? di naman ako old wife ("old" lang hehe) pero ito na ang nakasanayan ko (worked for me in several experiences in college). high rev at timpla ng clutch para hindi mabarahan ang tambutso ng tubig. what's wrong with clutch driving in flood waters? ito din kasi ang turo ko sa driver ko.

but then again, nung dating binabaha ako nung college, sanay ako sa mga carburated na mga makina. di pa uso ang mga EFI nun kasi.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Make sure you have your cit gets underside greasing asap. Better yet, have the casa or other trusted establishment check on your ride. Explain the situation fully to them and have them give you an assessment/estimate repair cost first before proceeding with the actual service or repair.

A mechanic once showed me that the aircon compressor of the city is located very low in relation to the ground.
    please correct me if i'm wrong pero hindi na ata nag-g-gresing sa ilalim ng kotse. puro assembly at sealed parts na kasi ang mga nasa pang-ilalim ng kotse.

noong 1970's at early 80's uso ito though.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Contaminants can get in between the clutch disc and flywheel. That's why you should only ford when the coast (pardon the pun) is clear so you don't have to step on the clutch mid-stream.

The engine makes sufficient pressure to clear the exhaust by itself. We are not under 100m of water or anything.

The habit is hard to break. Parati ako nasisigawan ng instructor. But with practice, you can build confidence. Iba talaga ang tunog ng exhaust sa ilalim ng tubig. Parang mamamatay pero hindi naman.

Applicable naman for EFI and Carb. Halo naman yung group namin dati. May mga old school at later models.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Contaminants can get in between the clutch disc and flywheel. That's why you should only ford when the coast (pardon the pun) is clear so you don't have to step on the clutch mid-stream.

The engine makes sufficient pressure to clear the exhaust by itself. We are not under 100m of water or anything.

The habit is hard to break. Parati ako nasisigawan ng instructor. But with practice, you can build confidence. Iba talaga ang tunog ng exhaust sa ilalim ng tubig. Parang mamamatay pero hindi naman.

Applicable naman for EFI and Carb. Halo naman yung group namin dati. May mga old school at later models.
    thanks. i-correct ko na din ang driver ko.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Parati ako nasisigawan ng instructor. But with practice, you can build confidence. Iba talaga ang tunog ng exhaust sa ilalim ng tubig. Parang mamamatay pero hindi naman.
    baka naman si then PORCI VP...

2 LOW GO GO GO...NO CLUTCH!!!!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    [QUOTE=Viper;615885]arrrrgh....

flood was knee deep, driving a honda city, placed the car at reverse and hazard but inconsiderate drivers at my back didnt want to move back, thus i was forced to go forward,,

if i were you. no way to force my city. you have put your hazard.

that's a clear sign that you have no intention to continue.

It’s up to them to pass if they want to push thru.

It’s going to be the same once you stall in the middle.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Naabutan na rin ako ng baha sa exact same area last week. Problema kasi sa street na yan kahit normal days at most 1.5 lanes lang ang passable dahil may nakaparadang mga #$(**#$* na pedicab sa sidewalk. No escape talaga dahil may center island at walang butas. Besides baha na rin ang opposite lanes. If you get caught there no choice kelangan ituloy na lang unless you want to wait for the water to get deeper.

Buti na lang di pa naman umabot sa tambutso since 5 mins pa lang ang ulan. Di ko lang alam kung passable pa rin after kami nakalusot. Pero two hours after tuyo na daw parang walang nangyari.

Lesson learned: EDSA na ako kung umuulan.
    Last edited by JohnM; September 12th, 2006 at 03:12 PM. Reason: add new line

8. FrankDrebin Guest

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    tnks sa advice, naisip ko nga rin baka nakapasok nga sa clutch. anyway its been 3 days since that day, ala na yung vibration. i think its back to normal. btw, should i have it cleaned?

i wasn't steping on the clutch when i crossed, nabasa ko kasi sa thread d2 dati yung pinost na website. i followed the instructions na 1.5-2rpm lng when crossing para not too slow and not too fast. i never went above 2rpm.

anyway, i guess d masyado sealed yung part na yun ng ford lynx, coz my sister went thru d same flood before me, ahead lng sya ng 5 mins sakin when we got home. i checked her car (kia pride cd5 '94 p yun), it was totally fine. she even told me that she kept on reving the car, so she kept using the clutch.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    How do you clean the carpet and prevent foul smell of dried flood water?

TIA

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Baha--knee Deep