New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    arrrrgh....

sunday nyt, along mandaluyong, brngy addition hills (market)..

flood was knee deep, driving a honda city, placed the car at reverse and hazard but inconsiderate drivers at my back didnt want to move back, thus i was forced to go forward,,

car is honda city, ayun, nilusob ko sa baha..

are there any effects? mejo umusok ang hood, i assume its bec water penetrated the engine. mejo mababa pa naman ang clearance ng honda city. what are the consequences for this? if there are, will it be covered by warranty?

after the flood, went to shell sa shaw (near kalentong) and revvd the engine a couple of times, to dry any left water. i hope that helped.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    afaik, damage caused by flood isn't covered ng warranty. sa mga special insurance companies, i think they do. anyway if flood water didn't seep into the cabin, safe na ang ecu mo. 2nd is do a check on the engine and transmission oil if pinasok ng water. pero it would be most unlikely. better be safe than sorry.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    yikes!!

it can go that bad? ecu is safe, but i noticed dat my car isnt that smooth anymore, humina ang hatak or maybe im just paranoid. wla naman maingay sa makina and transmission.

how do i have this check? have to bring it in casa? do u have any idea on how much they will charge for this?

thanks for your feedback..

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    yikes!!

it can go that bad? ecu is safe, but i noticed dat my car isnt that smooth anymore, humina ang hatak or maybe im just paranoid. wla naman maingay sa makina and transmission.

how do i have this check? have to bring it in casa? do u have any idea on how much they will charge for this?

thanks for your feedback..
    Make sure you have your cit gets underside greasing asap. Better yet, have the casa or other trusted establishment check on your ride. Explain the situation fully to them and have them give you an assessment/estimate repair cost first before proceeding with the actual service or repair.

A mechanic once showed me that the aircon compressor of the city is located very low in relation to the ground.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ...panong mahina hatak? parang sliding clutch?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Modern cars have tons of wiring harness and sensors.Never try to do that stunt again.Check your MAF sensor.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    exactly my same sentiments... feeling bad since last nyt

clutch isnt sliding, iba lng feeling ng handling, not that smooth...

what are the MAF sensors?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    exactly my same sentiments... feeling bad since last nyt

clutch isnt sliding, iba lng feeling ng handling, not that smooth...

what are the MAF sensors?

Do you have a check engine light on?Maf sensor is located after the intake box.What engine do you have?Do you have the engine code,maybe i can help you out.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    something is wrong i think

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    may car insurance ba na covered ang baha, falling trees, and other car damages na caused by nature?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Baha--knee Deep