New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    After Engine Wash at Petron Along Araneta Ave. near Banaue, i was on my to makati driving the long stretch of a.ave then suddenly my engine stop and produces no power, indicating Low Batt during a moving traffic near La Funeraria Paz. And so i pulled over to the street. F*c*ing S*** it's 9pm and nobody bothers to pull over and help. so i decided to leave and parked the car near the funeral home.

Aday after i went back to look for a mechanic and told me that we have to replaced the "thing" (attached pic). that cost me around a thousand.

Akala ko ok na... A month or so, problem occur, producing
    1. overheating (2x na nangyayari that it almost blow my engine)
    2. 10mins engine warmup will already indicate 50% at the engine temp. (noted that all fans works fine).
    3. Radiator sucks lots or even gallons of water on long drive.
    4. Leakage of engine oil on some part of the replaced "thing".
    5. Aircon Compressor starts to produce ethnic sound.

Ive already replace the Aircon Compressor for the R134a freon. but iam not satisfied with the coolness tapos tinted windows/windshield, lalo na ngayong summer against the old compressor using R12, na kapag nagaircon ako kahit tirik ang araw sobrang lamig paren. Does anyone have a clue?

Pinatingin ko ren radiator ko, and suggested by mechanic na ipaflushing daw, so i did.

Yet iam still getting the same problem and continous spending is getting to no where.

Tom, ipapaservice ko nanaman yung car for the leakage of engine oil.

I badly needed some help here coz iam running out of money. Ive already thrown thousands. haaay... anyone who can help me solve this problems?

Thanks...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Are you losing oil AND water?

The first overheating may have caused permanent damage already.

Nagpa-comp test ka na ba? Anong kulay ng usok mo?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Looks like an ignition coil or some kind of sensor... would be nice if you knew what it was.

No doubt, those idiots who did the engine wash f***ed up your car. After that happened to me (long time ago... Sentra), I stopped having the engine washed outside the casa.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    eh yun kayang water pump mo oks pa kaya?

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Ignition coil nga iyan sa 1st pix..pwede din gamitin iyan sa MC ..ang mahal naman ata .250 Php lang iyan sa mga surplus shop ,kasi doon sa MC shop malapit sa amin 250 pesos benta nila ..ang bilis nga naubos

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sounds like when they washed your engine, they didn't wait for the engine to cool down. Take one hot engine, add (relatively) cool water, and you have a prime candidate for a cracked block.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing View Post
    Are you losing oil AND water?

The first overheating may have caused permanent damage already.

Nagpa-comp test ka na ba? Anong kulay ng usok mo?

1. Yes. Radiator sucks alot of h2o even the reserve. ive already added coolant as i taught it would solve 1 of its problem pero nde paren.
    Losing oil is another issue. and the answer is yes. A guy from a geniune toyota distributor commented yesturday that, "it's possible, yung O-ring" that would cost me a very little amount arount 120 to 200 pesos plus 250 for the service charge.

2. Permanent damage? balik ko po yung tanong... does this mean, once in a while i would be experiencing the high temp.?

3. Comp. test?<---what do you mean?sorry idiot ko pagdating sa ganito.
    Kulay ng usok?<---none, even when i start pre-heat and step on the gas pedal in the morning, wala namang usok. although after 5 to 10mins pagpnakiramdaman ko yung buga ng tambucho, nakakapaso na.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jaspi11 View Post
    eh yun kayang water pump mo oks pa kaya?

ok naman sya. nagcicirculate naman. fans are also works fine. kaya ndi ko nga malaman kung san dinadala ng makina at radiator yung tubig.

BTW whenever i drove for about 25km and then stop the engine for a while...
    my maririnig kang boiling sound from the reserve water.

Then stable naman yung engine temp to 50% when driving.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Looks like an ignition coil or some kind of sensor... would be nice if you knew what it was.

No doubt, those idiots who did the engine wash f***ed up your car. After that happened to me (long time ago... Sentra), I stopped having the engine washed outside the casa.

Well actually, that was the 1st thing that comes into my mind. Those service crew at petron doesn't know what they're doing. But what can i do dba. I can't ask them naman to shoulder the expenses.So natawa nalang ako sakanila. talking to myself "mga ugok yun. e-nengine wash nga... talagang pinaliguan pati loob ata ng makina inisprayan ng tubig " hahahaha

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ///MPower View Post
    Sounds like when they washed your engine, they didn't wait for the engine to cool down. Take one hot engine, add (relatively) cool water, and you have a prime candidate for a cracked block.

hehehe... siguro nga ganon nangyari. kasi at that time after telling the crew na engine and body wash, umalis nako and i stayed at mocha blends and waited there until thier done. I forgot to check the crew men if he had covered the ignition coil and the alternator.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Badly needed some help