New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Hello fellow tsikot members!

I have a 1st gen Kia Sportage with R2 diesel engine. The rear left axle shaft just broke yesterday. I am in Iloilo but I know a korean surplus auto supply in Banawe so I called them to inquire about buying an axle shaft. The owner told me that there are two kinds of axle shaft for sportage one with a bigger diameter spline and one smaller, so I have to measure my yhe shaft myself and send them the measurements. Question is, isnt there supposed to be a standard size of axle shaft for all 1st gen sportage?

He also sent me picture of their stock and the oil seal retainer plate looks different from the one in my sportage. Now granting that they are the same size in the spline, can I just remove the oil seal retainer from the new surplus and replace it with my old one so that it will fit?

By the way the shaft already includes bearing, oil seal and retainer and costs 4,500 PHP. Do you have more recommendations on where to buy axle shaft for 1st gen Kia Sportage?

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    If I'm not mistaken, I think Kia drivetrain is included in the 10 year/100,000 mile warranty.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, I think Kia drivetrain is included in the 10 year/100,000 mile warranty.
    Its the 1st gen kia sportage (rear wheel drive)

Where the shaft got broken? Some machine shops can do rebuild on the shaft

4. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Normally rear wheel but it has 4×4 capability. It broke right after the bearing

Sent from my SM-N920S using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Condotiere View Post
    Normally rear wheel but it has 4×4 capability. It broke right after the bearing

Here's a picture of broken axle shaft:
    /218718_122554.jpg - Google Drive

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Update: bumili nalang ako ng whole axle assembly sa Saluna Auto supply malapit sa banawe. 15,000 PHP Complete with brake drum assmbly na

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Update: bumili nalang ako ng whole axle assembly sa Saluna Auto supply malapit sa banawe. 15,000 PHP Complete with brake drum assmbly na

Surplus bro?

Sent from my SM-C900F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Yes surplus. They accept orders nationwide. Im wouting for my delivery here in Iloilo

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Update: had the whole rear axle assembly installed by a local mechanic. 5000 PHP singil nya sa labor. Mahal ba?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Update: had the whole rear axle assembly installed by a local mechanic. 5000 PHP singil nya sa labor. Mahal ba?

For me mahal.. haha.. labor kasi ng clutch replace nasa 3k lang eh..

Pero at least ok na rear axle mo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast