New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Hi there,

Something weird happened! Our maid told me that umaandar yung engine ko this morning. even though i remembered nakapatay naman...I opened the hood and checked on the car and saw that the auxiliary was running. magisa..I checked first yung key ng car ko sa ignition..wala naman...naka off rin naman ang air con ko.... tapos ,ay umuusok sa isang box na mukhang fuse chip or fuse ng auxiliarry fan( i was thinking overheat) . What i did was to take out the fuse (15 amp) of the auxillary fan tapos nag off na siya... anyone of niyo may idea as to the cause ?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    thats weird

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    May multo yung tsikot mo! Naykupo.

Seriously, I know someone that had the exact same problem. The problem on his car was that, somehow, his wires got grounded/accidentaly hotwired (how on earth did that happen?) or something that caused his two aux fans to run by itself. AFAIK, he asked his auto electrician to do some rewiring on his car.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    this happened to me before. it was caused by a short in the A/C fan relay (kasi the aux fan IS the A/C fan). so patingin mo yung A/C fan relay mo, baka it shorted to the chassis or whatever. In my case the relay was actuated by the ECU (computer box) so nasira yung computer box when I tried to turn on the car. Ingat lang...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    grounded

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    oh..noh...what i did was to take out the fuse and tried to start the car..ok naman yung car....nag ru..run..i even turned on the aircon and it works fine naman yung nga lang di na gumagana yung aux fan. I even brought nga to work... Since i am working...i was thinking of bringing it na lang sa saturday sa electrical shop...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    some auxilliary fans continue to run even after turning the engine off, there is a relay that keeps it turned on if the engine temp is still high. baka sira na yung relay, nag-spot weld na yung contact so hindi na nag-off yung fan. just have it checked then replaced.

Auxiliary Fan Running by itself