New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Don Bosco Technical Centers (Makati and Mandaluyong) offers these courses.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BoEinG_747 View Post
    sir 4JG..magkano po ang tuition fee ngayon sa course nyo?
    Php.6554.65. for my last sem. Nakakatuwa mag aral ng automotive especially kung makikita mo yung engine na himay himay.You can also take credit for courses you took in college like math, english, drawing and drafting.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    sir 4JGtootsie, ano ung coverage ng course? do they have some online syllabus or something?

sa tingin nyo ba e naisulit nyo ung 6k? tia
    Last edited by badkuk; October 26th, 2006 at 11:55 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Wala pa silang online and i dont suggest that. It has to be actual nothing beats the real thing. Para sa akin worth it. Its a dirty, heavy and streghneous course but when you focus on it bale wala yon. Just imagine your self at the middle of no where and you can repair or temporary remedies to your car until you reach home. It builds confidence!!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by 4JGtootsie View Post
    I am attending night school at Samson in Cubao. It starts at 530pm until 930. Im taking up Diesel Mechanics one year course they also have Gasoline Mechanics. Samson also has a combined Gas and Diesel course with units in EFI and airconditioning. Im on my last semester on diesel next school year baka Gasoline engines naman.
    pag sinabing gasoline mechanics, yung engine lang ba yon or pati mga suspension?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    First sem you will have ICE(Internal Combustion Engine), AutoElectrical, Powertrain and Math.

ICE covers all the parts of the engine whether moving or stationary.
    POWERTRAIN covers the transfer of power or motion from the engine to the wheels. I like this subject so much magaling ang teacher namin dito. he used to work for a mining company ang daming alam.
    Math naman they teach how to read micrometer, vernier caliper and doing calculations.
    AUTOELECTRICAL they teach you how to trace wires and read wiring diagrams.
    PE and DRAWING.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ayos yan ah...gusto ko din mag aral..para tipid..hahaa

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wakin View Post
    pag sinabing gasoline mechanics, yung engine lang ba yon or pati mga suspension?
    You will also take that up. Powertrain ang subject. Clutch, transmision, prop shaft,differential,axles,brakes, suspension and wheels. Even the steering system from manubela to the tierod end, balljoints, spindle.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    medyo walang kwenta yung Basic automotive repair course sa MFI. Mali-mali pa yung pinagsasabi ng instructor. Real examples: he believes that Khaos works as advertised. He believes in mixing kerosene with diesel to improve mileage. He says that when your oil "feels like water already when you touch it", then it's time to change it.

Bottom line: go there to tinker around with engines and equipment, but be wary of the occasional BS that the instructor might utter.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    er, actually i meant ung online syllabus, as in the list of topics included in the course. i agree, nothing beats getting your hands dirty B)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Automotive classes (short courses)