New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I have a 00 civic AT. Im planing to DIY the replacement of the ATF.Any one who can help me.I'd like to know specially the type of ATF you can recommend aside from the original honda ATF.yung ibang AutomaticTrans kc may filter pa,yun s civic ba merron din?thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Most, if not all AT's will take in Dexron grade ATF just fine... Just take off the plug at the bottom, drain and refill around 4 liters or so of ATF through the dipstick hole (needless to say, a funnel is required.)

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    thanks bro pero wala b dyan mga bro yun medyo specific na type of ATF na gagamitin ko.lalo na yung mga may civic AT dyan na nagpa change na ng ATF s labas (di sa casa).meron kc me dati nabasa na DIY website saying na pwede raw ikasira ng AT pag mali yun nalagay na ATF fluid kya medyo natatakot ako.pwede rin daw parang bigla nalang dumudulas yun batak ng trans pag di magkasing-quality yun nalagay.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I would recommend Honda ATF. Check your car manual for the recommended ATF type (most likely Dexron II or III would also work), even some of the guys at HCP prefer the Honda ATF (try to check out the hondaclub forums). Mahal lang nga pag sa CASA.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    honda atf will be around 5-600/liter

ATF for my Civic