New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    most atf's available locally are mineral based.motul, redline and mobil have full syn variants which will be able to take more abuse.
    I understand that syn will be better and take more punishment. But is there a big difference between the different mineral based ones?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    like engine oil, you should get slightly smoother running/shifting from the full syn atf's vs regular ones.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Thanks.

What about mineral atf vs another mineral atf? Will different brands have different performance, say one will provide better protection against transmission breakdown and fluid failure? Or since they are both mineral and pass the Dex III standard, they will be the same?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    yung b bossing na Honda ATF-Z1, mineral ba yun o synthetic?Ano kya magandang alternative dito.Ang mahal kasi, 500/ltr nun last ko bumili.Tnx

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    hard to say for sure what the differences are between different brands. we only use castrol and motul in the shop tho...

afaik, honda fluid is mineral lang.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
    yung b bossing na Honda ATF-Z1, mineral ba yun o synthetic?Ano kya magandang alternative dito.Ang mahal kasi, 500/ltr nun last ko bumili.Tnx
    mahal naman nyan. unknown to many, CASAs use cheap-dirt oils. they always try to say that it's the best to your machines. but it's a mineral-based only. bili mo na lang ung MOBIL ATF FULLY SYN. around 600-650 php.. mobil oils are tried and tested na..

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    links to info about Honda ATF Z1

http://www.popularmechanics.com/how_...87.html?page=3

http://www.artsautomotive.com/GenuineFluids.htm

It seems that you can use Dex III as a substitute but may experience harsh shifting. Also if your car is still under warranty, Honda will void it if they find out that you used a different fluid.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Redline full synthetic ATF sa superior motors Dr Garcia st bet Q ave and panay pagkatapos ng Pegasus.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i just used Quaker State synthetic blend on my last atf change in the crv.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Name brand I'd go for. You can use ATF for your power steering, this is what my mechanic said tried it, it works.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
ATF Fuilds