New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Aside from the spare tire, early warning device, tire wrench at flashlight. ano pa importante dapat nakalagay sa mga auto natin?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    fire extinguisher, first aid kit, bottle of water - although technically not part of the tool box but nevertheless essential items.

Come to think of it, I don't have the first two in my cars.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Box/open end wrenches, pliers, long nose, socket/ratchet-click type wrenches, cutter, electric and duct tape, head-lamp, etc.

Yung EWD ko is already installed on the trunk lid, so I just open it in case I stall...

Spare parts include spare fuel filters, vacuum lines, zip ties, and left over oil in case maubusan.

I also carry a bottle or two of fresh vegetable oil - in case I run out of fuel

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Box/open end wrenches, pliers, long nose, socket/ratchet-click type wrenches, cutter, electric and duct tape, head-lamp, etc.

Yung EWD ko is already installed on the trunk lid, so I just open it in case I stall...

Spare parts include spare fuel filters, vacuum lines, zip ties, and left over oil in case maubusan.

I also carry a bottle or two of fresh vegetable oil - in case I run out of fuel
    ????pls educate me....i only have the basics that came along with my car upon delivery....kako, incase of emergence na di ko kaya (which is most of it)...i could always call the 24hr car assistance people...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Spongee, what did you want to know?

I bring those dahil tinatamad ako ibaba yung mga tools ko hehe. I also happen to have a large trunk so dalawa yung toolbox ko (for when I DIY in between busy schedules). What car do you have?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Spongee, what did you want to know?

I bring those dahil tinatamad ako ibaba yung mga tools ko hehe. I also happen to have a large trunk so dalawa yung toolbox ko (for when I DIY in between busy schedules). What car do you have?
    looking at those things u got there and i'm sure lots of others who bring the same stuffs plus alot more....i thought...para saan yung mga yun??saan ginagamit??

all i know is i'll use the jack to lift my car incase of tire change at shempre i'll need a tool to untighten the bolts...this thing i know how...pero the rest???

geez...it's still a long road for a fem like me...

my ride is just a toyota avanza sir...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would normally have the tools to remove the tires and spare tire, philips and standard screw driver, pair of pliers, various close/open wrenches (#8 to 17 if possible), small canister of WD40, standard bike pump (12v air compressor if you have money), tow cable, jumper cables, spare basahan (malinis), EWD, and a bottle of water (ideally drinking water).

Whenever possible, I usually use the bike pump to add air kung low inflation ang tires instead of changing them immediately. Tapos, kung merun butas/pako ung gulong, I'd rather have the vulcanizing shop do the replacement instead.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mine, aside from the jack and the cross wrench:

a) six pieces of wrenches, iba-iba sukat for all kinds of "nuts".
    b) one straight screwdriver, one philips screwdriver.
    c) one pair of pliers.
    d) a vise grip.
    e) a flashlight.
    f) spare one liter oil
    g) spare water container
    h) WD-40
    i) jump-start cable
    j) spare brake fluid
    k) spare clutch/power steering fluid

lahat yan nasa trunk organizer ko.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore View Post
    mine, aside from the jack and the cross wrench:

a) six pieces of wrenches, iba-iba sukat for all kinds of "nuts".
    b) one straight screwdriver, one philips screwdriver.
    c) one pair of pliers.
    d) a vise grip.
    e) a flashlight.
    f) spare one liter oil
    g) spare water container
    h) WD-40
    i) jump-start cable
    j) spare brake fluid
    k) spare clutch/power steering fluid

lahat yan nasa trunk organizer ko.
    drats! i need to get some of those...and a good toolbox/organizer since walang trunk ang sasakyan ko..

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by spongee View Post
    looking at those things u got there and i'm sure lots of others who bring the same stuffs plus alot more....i thought...para saan yung mga yun??saan ginagamit??

all i know is i'll use the jack to lift my car incase of tire change at shempre i'll need a tool to untighten the bolts...this thing i know how...pero the rest???

geez...it's still a long road for a fem like me...

my ride is just a toyota avanza sir...
    I carry those just because I'm lazy to return them sa loob ng apartment (when you live in an apartment na walang garage cabinet, you'll know it's hard to always bring back the tools). One of these days I'll sort it out, and just bring one of the smaller boxes and put all the necessary tools there. You never know when you'll need it, or if you could help somebody out too. My friends have often called me to ask for my help so it would be an inconvenience to go home to pick up the tools all the time hehe. (yeah it's a lousy excuse)...

You don't need them all, really. If your car is in top shape there's no problem. Just bring the basics really. Pair of screwdrivers (since they come in different sizes, I bring my set). Set of wrenches (open/box wrenches from 7mm to 17mm ang dala ko, but you can just bring the most common ones like the 10mm). Then maybe some basic hand tools like pliers, vice grip, extendable lug wrench (Concorde sells these), etc.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
anong laman ng toolbox nyo?