New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Usually, high ang asking price for secondhand Altis's... Might be 350k or so... hopefully less... most likely not.

Problems to look out for are busted shocks and underchassis squeaks and clunks... there aren't any major problems reported with the transmission, but best check it to be sure... if it's an ex-taxi or ex-government unit, check the engine carefully... that engine doesn't like being fed bad oil and missing oil changes... (tolerances are very tight) otherwise, it should be a relatively hassle-free vehicle.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Usually, high ang asking price for secondhand Altis's... Might be 350k or so... hopefully less... most likely not.

Problems to look out for are busted shocks and underchassis squeaks and clunks... there aren't any major problems reported with the transmission, but best check it to be sure... if it's an ex-taxi or ex-government unit, check the engine carefully... that engine doesn't like being fed bad oil and missing oil changes... (tolerances are very tight) otherwise, it should be a relatively hassle-free vehicle.
    Thanks. Will check it out later. I will be driving this from Alabang to Sta. Rosa. Tom AM isasauli.

Service vehicle ito ng ka-opisina ni Mrs. Originally Alabang bicutan then naging Alabang makati ang route. Any way will take pictures later.

Sana hindi traffic.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    It's a black altis 1.6G. Suspension seems to be OK, did not bounce on humps. Engine seems to be good. Although I was expecting it to have a much faster acceleration.

Minor scratches, it was dark so I cannot see the body very well. Kikilatisin ko na lang tom.

Walang remote nor alarm (it seems), pero may indicator ng TVSS.

Napansin ko rin na mahina na ang power window sa driver side. malamang pagod na sa taas baba.

Stock pa including the radio. no mods.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post

Napansin ko rin na mahina na ang power window sa driver side. malamang pagod na sa taas baba.

Have the same problem with my sis's 2006 1.6E; and the car mileage is less than 30K kms. Try cleaning the window mouldings and checking the cable/mechanism.

On the acceleration, if you're used to a m/t then expect the a/t to be more sluggish. Maybe a service tune-up can help.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    1.6E pala not 1.6G. Mali ang tingin ni Mrs.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sounds decent. Tawaran mo na... ...what's the asking?

By the way, what does the oil look like? Check the oil on the dipstick, whether it's low, milky colored or very dark... kung 71,000kms, di kakatapos lang mag-oil change, right? The oil should be relatively clear, with a only a few black impurities.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Sounds decent. Tawaran mo na... ...what's the asking?

By the way, what does the oil look like? Check the oil on the dipstick, whether it's low, milky colored or very dark... kung 71,000kms, di kakatapos lang mag-oil change, right? The oil should be relatively clear, with a only a few black impurities.
    Pinapahanap ko pa ang ibang PM record. last change oil kasi was 66K+ according to the "baby book". na check ko kagabi, 77,000 Km+ na pala. Did not have the time to check the oil. Engine bay is relatively clean. Medyo bago pa ang battery. maintenance free. From the test drive, mukang OK naman ang makina. mula sa 5,000Km+ PM, full synthetic na ang gamit. casa maintained pero di siya very religious sa change oil. Lumalagpas ng 10,000 bago palit. May chage oil filter naman in between oil chages.

Di ba masama sa makina kung more than 10,000 Km nagamit ang synthetic oil? Ano ang upper limit kung lalagpas ng 10,000Km when in comes to synthetic oils?

300K 2 years to pay 0% interest. Company kasi ni Mrs. ang nagbebenta.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    pull out the valvecover and check for sludge imo... just to be sure.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup... check for sludge... that's a common problem on Corollas running the extended change interval... but if it runs well and feels okay, it should be fine.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Yup... check for sludge... that's a common problem on Corollas running the extended change interval... but if it runs well and feels okay, it should be fine.
    For me it runs well, but I was expecting it to be good in acceleration.

Stupid Q. Where is the valve cover? I only know the oil and atf dipstick. BTW both have good color.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Altis FC