New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Hi everyone!

Just saw this in a car parked outside our office..... any body have an idea where this is done?

A simple description: It is made of a hard plastic probably fiberglass molded into the shape of the side mirror and attached at the edge with the inner diameter of the mold smaller than the side mirror.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    that sidemirror or perhaps the whole car needs some serious washover with those horrible paint cracks.

that could work though

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok ah

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    dyan malapit sa inyo kimpoy(chrissan; along olongapao-gapan road) meron. ginawa pa nga nyang moldehan yung trooper ko. sa ibang brand, meron na sya. aluminum nga lang lahat.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    madami din ako nakikita ganyan, so far yan ang pinaka aesthetically least intrusive and ala JDM ang dating hehe. I think fiberglass lang yan

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    it is fiberglass peeps.
    the manufacturer of that is near the pandacan oil depo.
    they make covers that for almost all side mirrior applications.
    the thing is they install it with epoxy to be permanent.

this is aethetically better than those who make stainless wrap around the whole mirror then install padlocks. i saw one abloy pa!!!

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    if it's permanently glued on .. if the mirror get's broken .. you have to replace the entire thing? ..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pretty much hehe.

Honestly, I think a good, secure double sided tape will work just fine.

In most cases naman madalian na sungkit ang pagnakaw ng salamin, with that on the way, it'll be kinda tough to find a gap to pry the fiberglass cover before reaching the mirror itself.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Saw that on a Starex and Civic already. Clean instillation and makes prying difficult. Combine na din with etching para mas deterrent.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok ah. mukhang ang linis tingnan, kumpara nga naman don sa gumagamit ng stainless na may padlock. hehehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Alternative to Side Mirror Etching