New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    well, i only have one simple question about carb.

if i am going to replace an old carb with a new one of different model, how would i know if it will fit and work properly on the engine?

we have this old owner type jeep with a 4K engine. mejo palyado kasi matagal ndi napatakbo. so far umaandar siya pero after overhauling the carb, palyado pa din. i am thinking of looking for a surplus carb to replace the old one.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maraming reason ang palyado....did you "glue" (shellac) the gasket between the carb and the intake manifold?

Kung hindi, it could cause some palya....air can get into the intake through this and without passing the throttle. this will make the a/f mixture not stoich.

Have you also done a compression test? ....pede ring pumalya ang oto mo kung pangit at hindi balance ang compression between pistons.

How about the condenser and contact points...are they new? This can also trigger palya.

How about the induction coil and high tension wire, is it still in good working condition? Pede ring pumalya ang sasakyan because of these.

Overall, AFAIK, you can't easily pinpoint the carb as the main culprit pagpumalya ang oto...lalo na tulad niyan na matagal ng hindi pinatatakbo.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ignition coil and tension wires are new. not sure about the condenser and contact point. will check sa receipt then will on from there.

will re install carb using shellac if necessary.

tnx!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    i knew some friends using kia carb for 4k engines. its working well. besides, they all said, they saved a lot on fuel. mas matipid daw. considering that kia carb will not directly fit into the intake, your shop will fabricate adaptor for that. madali lang gawin yan. mura lang yong surplus kia carb, its 1t here in davao.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    wow thanks! will try kia and see where i can get hold of an adaptor to fit it to the 4K engine.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    may surplus niyan 3K, 4k or 5K nasa P1,200 ung bago na taiwan P2,500 at ung orig japan 3.5T naman, mayroon kay Baltak or DCL sa kitanlad, banaue. sukat din ung pang box type lancer, 3AU at 2E engine may warranty pa

all about carburetor