New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by add616reneb
    Actually, short term effect on the wallet: P6,000 - P7,500 lighter but seriously, long-term effects include substantial fuel and oil savings (R.O.I. ave. 4 - 6 months) due to engine always at peak performance. Because of the 'scavenging/ sucking-out' action of the device, the engine's combustion chamber is always clean/OK for almost 100% burning of fuel resulting to maximum power utilization. Oil-change intervals will also be longer. The engine life will be eventually prolonged due to well-maintainance and almost always good condition of the engine!
    Mr. Add616reneb...

Are you taking some sort of medication when you posted this?

Actually, short term effect on the wallet: P6,000 - P7,500 lighter but seriously, long-term effects include substantial fuel and oil savings (R.O.I. ave. 4 - 6 months) due to engine always at peak performance.

We are looking at an increase of around 5% efficiency. We assume a vehicle consumes around P1000 per week of fuel. So we could assume you save around P50/week.

P6000/P50=120 weeks for ROI
    120 weeks = 30 months = 2.5 years

How did you compute your 4-6 months ROI?

Because of the 'scavenging/ sucking-out' action of the device

How can a five to six inch extension to your tail-pipe create significant increase in your car's scavenging action (also called backpressure). It has no mechanical parts. Kindly explain the working theory or principle.

... the engine's combustion chamber is always clean/OK for almost 100% burning of fuel resulting to maximum power utilization.

This is amazing, you claim what is basically a tail-pipe extension can improve combustion to 100%. This basically only occurs in theory and in the classrooms. Even in laboratory conditions, 100% combustion is never achieved. Even stoiched engines do not claim this.

BTW, a clean combustion chamber is a result of a properly tuned engine. No carbon deposits. No exhaust "sucking" action can remove accumulated deposits.

Oil-change intervals will also be longer. The engine life will be eventually prolonged due to well-maintainance and almost always good condition of the engine!
    wow! even a tail-pipe extension can improve your oil condition...

But the reason why we change the oil is to remove all the accumulated dirt, carbon and metal debris that has accumulated in it. So leaving all that stuff in the engine longer would result in higher engine wear & tear and end in a SHORTER engine life, requiring either an EXPENSIVE overhaul or a replacement engine.

=============

Mr. Add616reneb,

Kindly state only the facts because we can smell b*lls**t whenever present.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; October 1st, 2004 at 08:27 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by pink_cadillac
    add616reneb, please understand that there are fundamental reasons why online denizens are bordering abhorrence for posters who do nothing but post commercially related items that serve their interest.

Dude, I've already got a magnetic diesel fuel conditioner, and a Premo oil refiner which I can attach when I feel like it.

Let's focus on the main selling points of your product, being fuel economy and additional power.

Say end of the month or something?

Can anyone suggest a quiet piece of track where we can do 1/4 miles and 1/2 miles for accelleration tests?
    Sorry, but I somewhat erred to quote: " Oil-change intervals will also be longer." What I really meant was: "Maintenance intervals will also be longer, meaning fewer engine tune-ups needed or extends time before engine overhaul." This also means much less engine maintenance costs. I was thinking of my another product (Cyberlube) when I wrote that.

Please contact me asap as to your availabilty to the "EGO Challenge.":nerd:
    Last edited by add616reneb; October 2nd, 2004 at 09:32 AM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    And one more thing, in case my exhaust pipe or any component or section of my vehicle suffers any oxidation or unwanted deformations as a result of the units attachment or in the event of failure -detachment, I would require it to be restored to its original condition.

Fair?

Also, Sir, what vehicle are you driving and what kind of gains have you gotten from your own product?
    When you purchase the device, it carries a warranty, to wit:

"Confident with the ‘EGO’ device’s inherent capabilities, we further assume the responsibility to pay for the replacement of any engine parts damaged directly attributed to the proper installation and normal usage of the ‘EGO’ device . Provided however, that such remote probability occurs within one (1) year from date of purchase of the ‘EGO’ device. "

Mr. Duping Alegre owns a 1998 Toyota Lucida and with the EGO device installed, fuel consumption became 9.5km/lit. from 8km/lit. (w/o the device)!:nerd:

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    One more thing, diesels at its most efficient burn at an average of 75% thoroughness. How do you expect to increase combustion to 100% without introducing an accellerant, say propane?
    I did not say "absolutely 100%" but "almost 100%". This is specially true with gasoline engines because of gasoline being more combustible than diesel. With the EGO device's "scavenging effect" reaching up to the engine's combustion chamber ensuring it to be always clean, the subsequent intake of fuel + air is almost always ideal in ratio resulting to optimum/maximum burning. This is evidenced by gained fuel savings for diesel at about 10% - 20% while gasoline at 20% - 30%.:nerd:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Actually, short term effect on the wallet: P6,000 - P7,500 lighter but seriously, long-term effects include substantial fuel and oil savings (R.O.I. ave. 4 - 6 months) due to engine always at peak performance. Because of the 'scavenging/ sucking-out' action of the device, the engine's combustion chamber is always clean/OK for almost 100% burning of fuel resulting to maximum power utilization. Oil-change intervals will also be longer. The engine life will be eventually prolonged due to well-maintainance and almost always good condition of the engine!
    Mr. Add616reneb...

Are you taking some sort of medication when you posted this?

Actually, short term effect on the wallet: P6,000 - P7,500 lighter but seriously, long-term effects include substantial fuel and oil savings (R.O.I. ave. 4 - 6 months) due to engine always at peak performance.

We are looking at an increase of around 5% efficiency. We assume a vehicle consumes around P1000 per week of fuel. So we could assume you save around P50/week.

P6000/P50=120 weeks for ROI
    120 weeks = 30 months = 2.5 years

How did you compute your 4-6 months ROI?

Because of the 'scavenging/ sucking-out' action of the device

How can a five to six inch extension to your tail-pipe create significant increase in your car's scavenging action (also called backpressure). It has no mechanical parts. Kindly explain the working theory or principle.

... the engine's combustion chamber is always clean/OK for almost 100% burning of fuel resulting to maximum power utilization.

This is amazing, you claim what is basically a tail-pipe extension can improve combustion to 100%. This basically only occurs in theory and in the classrooms. Even in laboratory conditions, 100% combustion is never achieved. Even stoiched engines do not claim this.

BTW, a clean combustion chamber is a result of a properly tuned engine. No carbon deposits. No exhaust "sucking" action can remove accumulated deposits.

Oil-change intervals will also be longer. The engine life will be eventually prolonged due to well-maintainance and almost always good condition of the engine!
    wow! even a tail-pipe extension can improve your oil condition...

But the reason why we change the oil is to remove all the accumulated dirt, carbon and metal debris that has accumulated in it. So leaving all that stuff in the engine longer would result in higher engine wear & tear and end in a SHORTER engine life, requiring either an EXPENSIVE overhaul or a replacement engine.

=============

Mr. Add616reneb,

Kindly state only the facts because we can smell b*lls**t whenever present.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Hi again, add616reneb.

At this point if you have a near 100% combustion of diesel during ignition wouldn't the extra heat of combustion become an issue for the engine whereby parts are prone to increased wear?

What is your vehicle and do you have this device installed in it? Likewise what are the gains that you obtained?

Mr. "Duping" Alegre, somehow on a pun, it strikes fear in my consumer heart.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ... Mr. Duping Alegre owns a 1998 Toyota Lucida and with the EGO device installed, fuel consumption became 9.5km/lit. from 8km/lit. (w/o the device)!:nerd:
    I can get the same increase in fuel milage simply by changing my driving habits.

Costs: Free!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I did not say "absolutely 100%" but "almost 100%".

yup, just like 50% is almost 100%.

This is specially true with gasoline engines because of gasoline being more combustible than diesel. With the EGO device's "scavenging effect" reaching up to the engine's combustion chamber ensuring it to be always clean, ...

How can a five to six inch extension to your tail-pipe create significant increase in your car's engine scavenging action (also called backpressure). It has no mechanical parts. Kindly explain the working theory or principle.

... the subsequent intake of fuel + air is almost always ideal in ratio resulting to optimum/maximum burning.

so much words but nothing to back it up... "ideal" "optimum" "maximum"

Do you know what is the air-fuel ideal ratio?

What do you mean by "optimum/maximum burning"? Nice sounding words but means nothing to my ears.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    To reiterate in simpler terms the working principle behind the EGO device, its features and advantages over other fuel saving gadgets, please read below:

Ang EGO ay isang "all-stainless steel (gauge-16) anti-pollution & fuel saving device" na nakafull-weld sa dulo ng tail-pipe ng anumang sasakyan (gasoline or diesel). Dahil sa "revolutionary dual-venturi design" nito , napapa bilis "tremendously" ang "exhaust gas velocity" at para itong "super vacuum cleaner" na sina-suck-out lahat ng dumi (unburnt fuel, carbon deposits, etc.) sa "exhaust system" kasama na ang "combustion chamber" ng engine. Kung malinis lagi ang "combustion chamber" gaganda ang"air-fuel ratio". Dahil dito, "near perfect or almost 100%" na lagi ang "combustion or burning of fuel" sa engine: lalakas ang power at makatitipid ka sa "fuel consumption" mo at dahil kundisyon lagi ang makina, makatitipid ka rin sa "maintenance costs due to reduced frequency of next tune-ups, repairs and/or overhaul of engine". Pagdating naman sa "venturi section" ng EGO ng mga "exhaust gases", nagkakaroon ng "partial secondary oxidation". Mga "40% - 60% of the exhaust gases containing Carbon Monoxide and HC reacts with inducted Oxygen from air to form again Carbon Dioxide, traces of Nitrogen and water!" kaya nga tinawag na "EXHAUST GAS OXIDOZER" o EGo.

We have six (6) models of EGO (from 7" to 10-1/2" in length) corresponding to the engine size/displacememt or HP:
    1. ‘EGO’-1SM (for 1000cc-1500cc engines)
    2. ‘EGO’-1 (for 1600cc-2000cc engines)
    3. ‘EGO’-1XL (for 2.2 lt. – 3.0 lt. engines)
    4. 'EGO-1XLs (for 3.2lt. – 4.0 lt. engines)
    5. ‘EGO’-2 (for 280HP - 350HP engines)
    6. 'EGO’-2XL (for 400HP - 500HP engines)

The gained fuel consumptions ranges from 10% - 20% for diesel and 20% - 30% for gasoline and power gained is 5% - 8%. Assuming P1,000/week fuel consumption, we calculate average savings of 20% or P200/week:

1. P6,000/P200 = 30weeks/4weeks per month = 7.5 months
    2. Assuming also P2,000 costs of Tune-up/Oil change (every 3 - 6 months), the frequency will be doubled with the EGO installed but let us say that you saved only P1,000; the Effective R.O.I. will be about 4 - 6 months.

:nerd:

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    :nerd:
    Last edited by add616reneb; October 5th, 2004 at 08:42 AM.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Alegre EXHAUST GAS OXIDIZER (EGO)- Part 2