New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by add616reneb
    HOW THIS BREAKTHROUGH INVENTION (EGO)
    WORKS EFFECTIVELY THREE WAYS...

With the installation of ‘EGO’device (Alegre EXHAUST GAS OXIDIZER) to the present Conventional Exhaust System of an engine or vehicle, the exhaust flow velocity is increased tremendously by the “venturi” function of the device, causing more efficient “scavenging” in the engine’s combustion chambers. As a result, all the leftover wastes (unburnt fuel) and carbon deposits are scavenged and dispersed out during the exhaust stroke; thus, the subsequent intake of fresh fuel into the combustion chambers is assured to be in its ideal mixture or in the homogeneous state of “stoichiometric” air-fuel-ratio for efficient, full power combustion. This scientific innovation attributed to the ‘EGO’ device’s amazing accom-plishment, warrant an all-time peak engine performance, insuring:
    (1) Controlled exhaust emission to the safest level;
    (2) Substantial fuel and oil savings ( Gasoline from 25%- 30%; Diesel from 15%- 20%);
    (3) Remarkable power and torque increased (5%- 8%).

Furthermore, the resulting effect of the exhaust emission’s increased velocity flow passing rapidly through the exhaust piping system and the ‘EGO’ device, causes partial vacuum in its “venturi” section, which automatically draws-in atmos-pheric air inside the device. In this process, oxygen from the inducted air reacts to the hot gases of exhaust; thus, further oxidation of the unburnt hydro-carbons take place, and in consequence, converts these noxious gases into harmless carbon dioxide, water and traces of Nitrogen as they are expelled-out clean and friendly to the atmosphere.

Install One Now!!!

Dyno Test ?- Yes.

Pls call me at (02)8740183 ot txt me at (0926)3031871 so that we could meet for the actual testing. Where are you based?

Rene
    :nerd:

Without seeing the product my best guess is that this is similar to the one advertised in many car magazines. The one called "TORNADO", which is installed on the intake side and works on the same principle. A gadget which looks like a fan blade but is fixed. Air passing thru it follows a spining effect which increases its velocity. Am I correct?

Controlled exhaust emission to the safest level

Nothing can minimize smoke belching better than having your injection pump recalibrated as well as the injector nozzles. Also to eliminate smoke belching the engine will need good compression and correct fuel injection timing timing. Include in that a clean air filter and regular change oil.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    add616reneb
    r u willing to submit to dynotest sa autoplus?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by buknoy2002
    add616reneb
    r u willing to submit to dynotest sa autoplus?
    Sent you e-mail re: all tests conducted on the EGO by Gov't. agencies, etc. including the Dynotest/autoplus.

BTW, the EGO recently won FIRST PRIZE (Likha Award) in this year's National Inventors Week held at PHILTRADE, Nov. 26th - 30th, 2003.:nerd:

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by UBS73
    Without seeing the product my best guess is that this is similar to the one advertised in many car magazines. The one called "TORNADO", which is installed on the intake side and works on the same principle. A gadget which looks like a fan blade but is fixed. Air passing thru it follows a spining effect which increases its velocity. Am I correct?

Controlled exhaust emission to the safest level

Nothing can minimize smoke belching better than having your injection pump recalibrated as well as the injector nozzles. Also to eliminate smoke belching the engine will need good compression and correct fuel injection timing timing. Include in that a clean air filter and regular change oil.
    The EGO is not similar to the "TORNADO" because is installed/ welded at the tip of your vehicle's tail pipe, hence no engine modification required. The increase in the exhaust gas velocirty is due to the "venturi effect' which causes the device to act like a vacuum cleaner which sucks out all the unburnt fuel, carbon deposits, etc. in the exhaust system including those in the combustion chamber. The incoming air + fuel mixture will always be ideal, hence commbustion is almost complete resulting to increase in power and fuel savings. Secondly, as the exhaust gases reaches the EGO device, secondary oxidation occurs as fresh air is sucked-in and mixed with the hot gases/hydrocarbons resulting to carbon monoxide and nitrogen oxides turning to harmless carbon dioxide, water and nitrogen!:nerd:
    Last edited by add616reneb; December 2nd, 2003 at 10:04 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    as i understand it, it is affixed to the exhaust pipe of the vehicle. now, there is 1 point that I just can't reconcile in my engineer's mind.

"The increase in the exhaust gas velocirty is due to the "venturi effect' which causes the device to act like a vacuum cleaner which sucks out all the unburnt fuel, carbon deposits, etc. in the exhaust system including those in the combustion chamber. "

This statement alone suggests to me that this is one of those "perpetual motion machines" that, time and again have been proven not to work. A venturi effect is the effect in the change in velocity of a gas moving across a conduit (such as a tube or pipe), from a low velocity to a high velocity due a constriction in the pipe. By the principles of Bernoulli, a constriction on a moving volume of gas equates to a change in volume of a confined gas. Since the gas is not in fact confined but in motion, this results in increase in velocity. The increase in velocity results in higher dynamic pressure losses in the constriction, thus the "vacuum" effect. This vacuum however is on the WALLS of the venturi body. It does not affect the end of the pipe from whence the air came from (the engine). SO HOW DOES CONSTRICTING A PIPE RESULT IN INCREASED VACUUM IN THE ENGINE EXHAUST PORTS???? How does the gas being expelled from the engine "vacuum" itself???? Where did the energy to do this come from? That is why I think first of a perpetual motion machine, because the energy for the work that you say occurs does not seem to have a source. If you tell me that increasing the velocity on a constriction results in vacuum pressure at the exhaust ports several feet away from the device, then maybe I must go back to engineering school again. On the contrary, constricting the exhaust should result in higher back pressure on the engine ports.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Send me an e-mail at: add616reneb*cyberlink.net.ph so that I could give you literature/diagrams/brochures about the EGO so that you will understand better.:nerd:
    Last edited by add616reneb; December 2nd, 2003 at 10:52 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just a reminder add616reneb, I am not saying your device does not work per se. I am challenging your claims, as all claims have to be challenged, scrutinized, tested, experimented and thus PROVEN. If it will not pass the questions of this board (tsikot.com) then how will it pass the scrutiny of those who will put up the money to manufacture your invention? Gets mo? They for sure will be looking at it under a maghifying glass before they put their money where your mouth is. Claims are claims, scientific facts are facts.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by yebo
    Just a reminder add616reneb, I am not saying your device does not work per se. I am challenging your claims, as all claims have to be challenged, scrutinized, tested, experimented and thus PROVEN. If it will not pass the questions of this board (tsikot.com) then how will it pass the scrutiny of those who will put up the money to manufacture your invention? Gets mo? They for sure will be looking at it under a maghifying glass before they put their money where your mouth is. Claims are claims, scientific facts are facts.
    The EGO has scientific basis and if it not so, it could not have won FIRST PRIZE in this year's National Inventors' Week Competition held recently at PHILTRADE only last Nov. 26th - 30th, 2003. It passed thru all the testings conducted by concerned Gov't. agencies (DOST, DENR, DOTC, etc.) as well as private entities!:nerd:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sent you an email. sagot na agad dali tutulog na ako hehe! need to pack my bags pa!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Sent e-mail already. Thanks for your interest. You could buy the EGO for only Php 4,500 (small cars) - Php 6,500 (air-con buses/ big trucks) depending on model and sizes of your engines (excluding costs of welding).

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Alegre Exhaust Gas Oxidizer (ego)