New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Hello peeps,

Curious lang ako, yong airbag ba sa RAV4 pwede ma-disable
    anytime(i mean, meron lang switch na p-pindutin). Like in case na yong uupo sa harap eh bata, disable muna yong passenger side airbag pero naka-enable yong sa
    driver side.

Thanks ng marami...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    alam ko meron neto sa ford everest

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    no you cannot unless there is a cut off switch installed by the manufacturer... you can turn it on or off using your ignition key i guess in your case toyota did not install one maybe because it is not yet mandatory there in the philippines but you can just ask toyota dealers about the option of putting one, one more thing dont mess up your supplemental restraint system air bag other than qualified service technician's...i have one installed in my tacoma here's the link www.pbase.com/image/15571292
    peace out
    cale
    Last edited by Cale; June 17th, 2004 at 02:44 AM.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Hi Cale,

Thanks for the info...

NickBay

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nope... we don't have that option here in the philippines....

actually, there are a lot of options available for the rav4 that was deleted here. like adjustable headlights, double lock systems (you can only open the doors of the rav4 using the keyless entry), backup sensors, 2-din stereo with car info, etc.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    Originally posted by mazdamazda
    nope... we don't have that option here in the philippines....

actually, there are a lot of options available for the rav4 that was deleted here. like adjustable headlights, double lock systems (you can only open the doors of the rav4 using the keyless entry), backup sensors, 2-din stereo with car info, etc.

In that case, yong option mo lang talaga is pa-disconnect permanently yong passenger side airbag ? Or is there any
    shop around which can do such conversion?

Airbag in RAV4