New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Gud day mga sir:

Mga sir, i hope you could help me with my aircon problem. Last week, my aircon just ceased cooling my car's compartment.I immediately suspected, it run out of Freon but, the compressor is still running meaning, there is still pressure and freon inside the system-i believe the system is equipped with a prewssure switch.

Now, i suspect that the reciever drier is clogged.
    What is your opinion.

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    conzky,

Mga dapat mong patingnan

evaporator for leak
    A/C lines for leak
    Compressor for leak sa may shaft seal

Those are the three main things na dapat mo patingnan.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by conzky
    Gud day mga sir:

Mga sir, i hope you could help me with my aircon problem. Last week, my aircon just ceased cooling my car's compartment.I immediately suspected, it run out of Freon but, the compressor is still running meaning, there is still pressure and freon inside the system-i believe the system is equipped with a prewssure switch.

Now, i suspect that the reciever drier is clogged.
    What is your opinion.

Thanks in advance.
    Since your A/C stopped cooling, it's possible you have a leak in your system.

The compressor will still run even if there's no more freon, it will not generate cold air though because of the absence of the freon.

When you have your system checked, try to have your expansion valve and drier checked too for clogs.

HTH

4. cj is offline Verified Tsikot Member
    conzky,

heres a simple trick to determine if theres a leak in the system: with the engine running, pop the hood check on that thingy (cylindrical with a view glass top) thats connected by tubes to the compressor. then ask somebody to switch on the aircon. initially, bubbles would appear on the glass but would disappear after a while. yung ang normal. if the bubbles dont disappear, may leak yung aircon system mo and malamang ubos na freon. hope this helps...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sir pa clean mo na and and pa leak test mo para bago na system mo kung dapat palitan na ang evaporator and expansion valve much better. palagyan mo ng freon na ma uv, ito bago ngayon sa mga naginstall ng aircon para madali ma trace kung saan ang leak.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    sir: artpogi, cj and x-wind,

thanks for your help. i appreciate it very much.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    same prob sa 98hilander ko, biglang nawala aircon+blower, after 5-10min meron na.its a 2nd hand auv 2mos palang sa akin.wat seems to be teh culprit?

8. cj is offline Verified Tsikot Member
    hmmm... medyo mahirap yan newbie. aircon ba ang nawala (compressor) or yung blower lang? yung rear blower ba nawala din? baka naman loose witch lang sa panel.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    sana nga cj.sabay sila nawala but the rear blower meron.after mga 5 min, nagkaroon ulit.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    mga sir:

i have my air con checked and i found out that there's a hole in the hose leading to the compressor.

thanks for your suggestions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
air con problem too