New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    i'm using the recomended amp rating ng fuse pero nagmelt yung housing ng fuse pati plastic around the fuse receptacle nagmelt kaya yung metal contacts natuluan ng melted plastic result is intermitent aircon. But the fuse itself is still intact - hindi busted. Can anybody help me for the probable cause, has anybody had the same experience before. Do i need to re-wire my air con system? thanks for the help

BTW my ride is a Lancer GLXi 1997

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Merong loose wirings or the actual fuse holder is loose. It happened on my ride too, dumadating sa point na wala ng plastic covering yung fuse kasi natunaw na, I had the fuse block checked and found out that a couple of wires weren't properly tightened.

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    thanks, i'll take a look when i get home later

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It might be possible too that the replacement fuse is not really that rating (mas higher) kaya ayaw mag-bust considering that overload na yan dapat. Better have the wirings checked too. It could have gotten too hot too kasi sa nagmelt na ang fuse receptacle.

It could start a fire if this is not checked.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    for me lokal ung fuse.... yung malmbot yung plastic kaya natutunaw dapt bilhin mong fuse yung mga made in germany..... i hope this can help... goodluck

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    i checked my aircon wire harness, the on the passenger side right next to the drier, angdaming dugtong so DYI rewire ko yung harness since maikli lang, after installing it again and testing, the fuse in question is still hot (it is located in the fuse box on the driver side beside the air filter) i already replaced the fuse with a ceramic type so it won't melt but it still gets hot too hot to be touched with bare fingers i'll chech the hiring harness on the driver side next

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi ba stock ang a/c unit mo? if not baka kaya ganyan ang wiring.

you probably have a short circuit somewhere...I believe the fuse is used for the air blower of the evaporator. Most air blower motor (old ones) have a resistor for the speed change, baka busted na ang resistor at nagkaron na ng short somewhere.

hindi dapat umiinit iyan ng ganyan. if you have an ammeter you can series it to the fuse so you can see the current passing it...its probably more than 6amp.

surprisingly your fuse should have busted already (unless napakataas ng rating nito).

8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    no i'm using the recommended rating it's marked on the fuse box cover i'll try looking at that resistor or better yet patingin ko nalang sa rated electrician, thanks for tip

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tuwing nasusunugan ako ng fuse ng compressor, it turns out to be a grounded magnetic coil. Easy enough to replace. Costs around Php 800.00 for the coil. Php 1,200.00 for the labor, refrigerant and other materials.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    aba, yan din yung naging problema ng Gen1 Pajero ko ah. ngayon, pinalitan ko ng heavy-duty fuse holder (yung pang amp).

ayos na!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
air con fuse melting