New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I checked out rats sometime last week. They didn't have stock for the upperarm and lower arm bushings. (super pro ang brand) My bushings are busted already (this was the reason why my alignment was always getting out of line). Any other place where I can canvass for aftermarket bushings? Siyempre other brands are welcome in my list.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Ive heard a lot of good things, but never tried, polyethane bushings.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've only used Whiteline on my previous WRX. Another brand is called Suspension Techniques. Pero mas madali yata hanapin jan ang Whiteline.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    You can try Energy Suspension if you are looking polyurethane suspension bushings. Please visit them at: http://www.energysuspension.com/

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    thanks!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    you may want to think twice about using polyurethane bushings in manila. for some reason they get noisy very fast and have to be greased once or twice a yead.

unless you are into performance in a hardcore way then i would shy away from them

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    then whats more durable than OEM? I wasted my bushings in just 5 years? or is it probably because of the increased wear (t-bar cranking)?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    you can use uprated rubber. shops like m7 will replace the stock rubber with that from truck tires. that comes at the sacrifice of ride comfort tho because of the lack of compliance.

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    Where is M7 located?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Aurora BLvd... near UERM if i'm not mistakened. They also have a branch in Pasig i think.

I think 5 years is ok already for bushings... a lot still depends on the mileage of the car and the road conditions you pass through. My pick-up has eaten up 2 sets of bushings on the rear molye in the past 4 years for some strange reason (1 set OEM and 1 set replacements) replacements didnt last too long. My latest set (OEM) are holding out so far.

Aftermarket Bushings