New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Umm first of all my Hilux is a 2005 model.. the Dark Red Mica one

So anyway now i finally decided to give it a new look..

I have made minor changes so far and planning on more so pls give your opinions and whatever u guys can pls

So far my side windows tint are super black and the windshield is magic blacm(3m) And you cant see a thing inside from outside. Is this allowed? Any specific places in Manila? Coz i heard some rumours..

And i put window visors/rain gutters on my windows.. the PROBLEM is the fit isnt right! It has a Vigo print instead of the Hilux print on it, I was told it how it is on all hiluxes but WRONG. I checked several and they were fit, on mine the front part of the visors extends to the black cover where the sidemirror is placed, on others it fits just right on the edge of the black part (If you guys know what I mean)

Did any Hilux owners get this prob too? Any recommendation on what visor brand is the best? Any dark colored? Though not the super black one.

I also plan on getting bigger rims, but i dont like the bling2 ones. But what is the limit for a 4x2 Hilux? Coz i need tires and mags both good for off-road (just not cemented streets in provinces, flood in cities, bit muddy streets) and city driving.

SUSPENSIONS my biggest concern, I know the stock suspensions are meant for heavy duty purposes but really I dont put THAT heavy stuff on the back..

I have been searching for suspension/lift/ or whatever for a 4x2 here in the Phils that gives a MUCH better RIDE and at the same time lifts the body 2 or 3 inches, and can still hold a packed trunk. BUDGET for this is 40-50k.

Oh, btw are H.I.D lights prohibited now???? Ive heard the Blueish and other colored are.. and the White arent, but some say ALL types are and thats why the H.I.D. price drop recently like the Xenon

And lastly guys, I've seen these Projector Type Headlamps in Banawe for Hiluxes, it really LOOKS UBER COOL.. around 10k-13k but is the projection as great and sabog like sa STOCK??

Thanks for all the people helping me out, and giving time reading this

More Power to Tsikot!!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    bro try mo HID SUPER WHITE

SOUND SYSTEM na pang clarity at pang bass

ahm hanap ka kaya ng 20inches mags tapos mga 55 o 60 series na gulong tapos lagyan mo ng spinners wow ..

astig pogi na yan,,

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Projector type headlamps generally give a better light output than your stock reflectorized lamp. The only problem with aftermarket headlamps is the fit & seal.

If you plan to go HID, get those projector type headlamps first and aim it properly so that you won't blind or irritate other motorists.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Alright thanks thanks guys =)

Hope others can help me with the other problems =)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tints... generally super duper menyak black tints aren't allowed. But you know the law enforcement here in the Philippines... but still... using super dark tints diminishes your visibility during the night or when it rains.

Visor... did you get those from Toyota? The Hi-Lux is also called Vigo in Thailand.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Ok thanks.

Yeah the visors do give me visibility probs.. maybe switching to Projectors,HID will help eh??

Well i got those Visors from Banawe, although the print on it says Vigo not Hilux ~_~

Guess il change them, they suck.. Fit is diff from other Visors for hiluxes

Um... about getting a better ride and making the Hilux bit higher, any idea? thanks

Advice, suggestions & help pls