New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    one of my pistons needs a new piston ring, ano bng mgandang piston ring pra s toyota xe, meron bng replacement nun n gud quality yet d mbigat s bulsa. and ask ko n rn po kpg bmili b ng rings 1 set or pwedeng b piece

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You have to buy a set and it's adviseable to change all already given that the labor will cover all already. Stick to OEM piston rings, you just have to canvass around.

When i did a full overhaul and some suspension work on our old Corolla LE ('99) we spent around 18K to 20K if memory serves me right (gaskets, timing belt, piston rings, machine shop, labor, etc.)

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    yung OEM b meron s mga common autosupplies nun or you have to buy it from toyota, cnsya n not yet familiar bout with these things eh

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Some auto supplies carry them. I got mine from MR2 (now Sunrise) or Marqz in Banawe before. Try to canvass also in the CASA as sometimes the parts price difference isnt that much either.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    try mo sa WAS auto supply sa banawe

6. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Try to buy from THK auto supply or Share Auto Supply, this is the most trusted auto supplies in banawe as they sell Japan made parts as Japan and sell Taiwan replacement parts as Taiwan, Share Auto Supply offers the best price in Banawe. If your gonna buy piston rings buy RIK brand because it is the OEM of Japanese Car Makers also OEM of European and American Cars and trucks.

This advice given to me by my friend who is a supplier of of brand new Branded OEM spare parts. Sadly he doesn't sell directly to end consumers, so buy from the retailers in banawe instead. CASA parts are OVER RATED in terms of profit.

A secret I would share to you, parts in the CASA are just repacked in boxes of Mitsubishi, Toyota and etc... while they charge you more than 100-300% of the cost of their products based on different parts. While inside you will see the brands that are in the boxes are most of them the same of what auto supplies sell, because auto supplies sell OEM Japan parts that are CHEAPER than in CASA but you risk having chance of buying an imitation. But I recommend you THK auto supply and Share Auto Supply in banawe.

Here is the link of a website that proves RIKEN piston rings are OEM of Major Car Makers in Japan:
    Earthquake puts brakes on auto production in Japan - USATODAY.com

Hope this helps you, in choosing better brands.

advice po s pgpalit ng piston rings