New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Mga Bro, tanong ko lang. Pwede ba i-DIY yung adustment ng valve tappets? Kung pwede? Me link ba that will lead me to the procedure on how to adjust those? Ang ride ko is Lancer 96 model. Thanks!!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by rico1601 View Post
    Mga Bro, tanong ko lang. Pwede ba i-DIY yung adustment ng valve tappets? Kung pwede? Me link ba that will lead me to the procedure on how to adjust those? Ang ride ko is Lancer 96 model. Thanks!!
    eto ba yung tinatawag na valve clearance / valve lash??? you search the net for a service manual of ur car first. or go to www.autozone.com. meron sila jan manuals kaso html format.

did mine a few months ago. corolla gl 91. downloaded instructions from autozone.com. you'll need basic tools and some special tools depending on the whether ur car have shims or adjusting screws only.

kung screw type, kelangan mo ay screw driver, closed type wrench, and feeler gauge.

kung shims kelangan mo ng micrometer at pambili ng bagong shims. or katulad ng ginawa ko, caliper at grinder lang hehehe

kelangan mo din ng pang ikot ng crank shaft para mahanap ang top dead center.

yung actual na pag adjust depende sa car mo. dito papasok yung service manual.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    adjusting the tappets is not something your should practice your diy skills on unless kampante ka. baka sumama lang takbo ng makina mo if you do it wrong.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    what's the result if you just forget about checking the clearance of the valves? ano po pala PMS on checking the clearance? i have a 13 yr old ride kasi that i never bothered to check, ngayon ko lang kasi narinig yan about the tappets

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    have them adjusted by a competent mechanic and you should get a smoother running engine with better power and gas milage.

Adjustment ng valve tappets