New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by erifeesi View Post
    Hi. I'm a newbie here. I hope you could help me.

Just wanted to ask. My friend and I were involved in an accident. We were in our lane then a car on the opposite lane (going in opposite direction) decided to go into our lane without any signal to reach the gasoline station on our side of the road. Nabangga namin sya on his rear end. Police said it was our fault daw since we were the one who bumped onto the other car. They concluded that without any other investigations or documentations.

Insurance of our car is TPL and the other car has comprehensive insurance. Initially, we had a notarized agreement that we'll be paying for the participation fee. Now they wanted us to pay the full sum of their repairs and not use their insurance, plus pati daw yung abala caused to their driver.

What can you advise me to do since I think ang abusive nung other party?

Thank you.
    Consult with a lawyer. Lalo na may notarized agreement kayo with the other party.

Then I would also suggest to get comprehensive insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by erifeesi View Post
    Hi. I'm a newbie here. I hope you could help me.

Just wanted to ask. My friend and I were involved in an accident. We were in our lane then a car on the opposite lane (going in opposite direction) decided to go into our lane without any signal to reach the gasoline station on our side of the road. Nabangga namin sya on his rear end. Police said it was our fault daw since we were the one who bumped onto the other car. They concluded that without any other investigations or documentations.

Insurance of our car is TPL and the other car has comprehensive insurance. Initially, we had a notarized agreement that we'll be paying for the participation fee. Now they wanted us to pay the full sum of their repairs and not use their insurance, plus pati daw yung abala caused to their driver.

What can you advise me to do since I think ang abusive nung other party?

Thank you.
    kindly make a more graphic description of what happened. masyado pong basic ang inyong kuwento.

offhand, you might still be favored. but this would depend on the details.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 4th, 2018 at 08:01 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    If the notarized agreement contains a waiver on their part in exchange for the participation fee, solid na yan.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    ^plus 1 sa notarized agreement malaki laban nyo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Hi. Thank you for all your response.

So what happened was, there were just two opposite lanes. We were on the right side of the road. We saw the car on the opposite lane na sumisilip sa lane namin at around 400m. Kala namin balak magovertake on their lane. Honked the horn. Car moved back to his lane. This is a highway so we were moving at around 70kph to 80kph. Then suddenly at around 200m, without a signal, their car decided to turn sideways (L turn) to our lane para makarating sa gas station which is on our side. Di kinaya ng break dahil sobrang lapit na nya so our bumper (right side) bumped onto the right side of his vehicle.

Now we have a notarized agreement already that we will just settle for the participation fee. They were insisting now that we pay for their damages with a whooping 81k (yon daw estimate) plus dagdagan para daw sa abala. It wasn't even in the notarized agreement that we'll have to pay them anything apart from the participation fee. They were threatening us that if we don't pay in cash, ikakaso na lang daw nila. Police in charge didn't even document what happened with pictures or anything. Didn't even step out of his vehicle so parang kami pa lumalabas na may kasalanan on his police report. Tried telling the story over and over but he said kung sino bumangga sya may kasalanan.

Anyway, kaya nga may agreement nung una dahil ayaw na magkakasuhan. What do we do sa ganitong situation?

Thank u.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Sa mga eksperyensado dito, what could have been the reason kaya bakit ginusto nung other party na full payment kesa participation na lang? For money? Or para sya na papa gawa sa kilalang talyer?

Material ba yung amount?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    gusto ka lang nya magbayad nang malaki.

Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post
    Sa mga eksperyensado dito, what could have been the reason kaya bakit ginusto nung other party na full payment kesa participation na lang? For money? Or para sya na papa gawa sa kilalang talyer?

Material ba yung amount?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post

Material ba yung amount?

may nagbuyo dyan, it happened to me too and I almost fell for it. Nung nabangga ako ng bus sinagot ng insurance nila yung damage tapos nung naestimate na binulungan ako nung taga insurance sabi nya kung gusto mo kasuhan mo na lang then collect the estimated amount tapos pagawa ko na lang daw sa backyard shop tapos bigyan ko na lang daw sya pero sabi ko i'll go for the insurance accredited shop na lang. Hindi pa dun natapos ang kwento, nung nasa shop na ko yung taga shop naman ang bubulong bulong sakin! to cut the story short hindi ako pumayag...

mataas talaga magestimate mga taga insurance para mabuyo ka talaga na pumayag sa iooffer nila sayo, mga scalawags ika nga... I don't know if its legit or what but what I know is that its not right...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    kung ikaw magpapagawa.. then ikaw pipili nang talyer.. baka yung estimate nila na 81T galing sa casa yan.. mahal talaga yan..

10. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Post mo dito agreement nyo, para makita ang details, if it simulates a quitclaim, pano sya mag kaso?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast