New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hi, i am a first timer here, i have a knocking problem on my 94 Galant, and it is coming from hydraulic valve lifters, i already change my oil twice in 1 week, checked also the timing, some say i need to clean the valve lifters.because when it gets dirty it creates knocking sounds also,does anyone expirienced this?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    could be. it's a pretty big job pero better than hearing the noise all the time imo.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i saw some web page na kaya daw i-DIY ito eh. :P
    also there's that "kerosene with your oil change" thingie which is also supposed to clean the HLA's. pero individually removing them and lovingly cleaning them is the way to go daw.

i hope that's the 4-cylinder galant!! para 16 lang yung lifters. the V6 would have 24 lifters. 50% more work!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    v6 galant is a pain in the butt! hehe!

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Thanks for the info, i will try to look for that web page.

Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico
    i saw some web page na kaya daw i-DIY ito eh. :P
    also there's that "kerosene with your oil change" thingie which is also supposed to clean the HLA's. pero individually removing them and lovingly cleaning them is the way to go daw.

i hope that's the 4-cylinder galant!! para 16 lang yung lifters. the V6 would have 24 lifters. 50% more work!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Actually common nga yan, try searching sa mga boards sa US discussing Eclipse and 3000GT, sobrang common ang valve lifter noise, may mga solusyon din sila nadidiscover.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    brader, maybe this might be helpful for you, and for those who are experiencing that "bugging, taktaktaktak" sound in your mitsus 4g92, 4g63, 6a12 engines or later.

Click Me for more info.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    in my galant vr v6, nilinis lang namin yhung lifters kasi ang daming sludge na namuo..after that...nawala na ang takatak

94 Galant Super Saloon Knocking