New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Pips, i have a problem with my car. Everytime i ran over a hump, the engine turns off (even if the gear is neutral). Do you think it has something to do with the computer box?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    check your battery connection, baka maluwag lang.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pero diba kahit matanggal yung connections sa battery terminal, dapat may reserved power yan kahit papano since the battery is being charged by the alternator when the car engine is on?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It only happens when you run over a hump or when you're revving in gear (3k RPM) then you let go of the gear and let it go to neutral? Does your car idling divebomb before it settles to the normal idle speed after you rev it to 3-4k rpm then let go?

Unlikely its with the computer box though.

Try to check out this website as well: www.nissanbayan.com

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Originally posted by vinj
    It only happens when you run over a hump or when you're revving in gear (3k RPM) then you let go of the gear and let it go to neutral? Does your car idling divebomb before it settles to the normal idle speed after you rev it to 3-4k rpm then let go?

Unlikely its with the computer box though.

Try to check out this website as well: www.nissanbayan.com
    It happens consistently when i run over a hump and occassionally when i rev it to 3-4K.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just a thought... whenever you go over a hump, do you step hard on the brakes? does the same thing happen when you brake hard and brake gently? if it only happens when you step on the brakes hard, you might as well check your hydrovac.

just a thought though. i may be wrong.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what is hydrovac po??

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Could be related partly to the "idling problems" old nissan engines encounter.

Try to clean the PCV and AAC (this can be DIY with carb cleaner if you know the part), and intake plenum of the engine. Also, the MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor may need cleaning with some contact cleaner. In the CASA, you can ask them to do a CONSULT readout of your engine so that it can diagnose any faulty sensor readings as well.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    i think u step on the brake hard and dont step on the clutch that hard too.Try to be alert with the clutch. Thats the problem with the series I nissan sentra (series I yan noh?) dyan nasira ang nissan sales, sabi nga nila"naiiwan ang engine pag daan sa humps". So thats wat they improved in their series II and added some goddies which revived them back to the circulation.

93 Nissan sentra super saloon