The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    car is city idsi,

2nd hand car.
    was going to do the my first tune up, no manual,

under the engine cover,
    i saw only four sparkplugs...i've read here na it has 8 sparkplugs?
    does it literally have 8 sparkplugs? or 4 lang talaga?

also, the mechanic said, this does not need the timing check like the old cars?

if it does not need the timing, what does it need?

thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I'm no expert. As far as i know, idsi does have 8 spark plugs and its timing is controlled by the ECU.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I believe it's 4 in the back near the firewall, and 4 towards the front.

It's a good idea to get a service manual too if you can find one, or at least an owner's manual.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    thanks,,will try and find it..if it's near the firewall, eh di not that accessible sya? sige..will see it later.

and also, the ecu timing? how does it work? sinasaksak sa computer? or using the light din? is it included in the regular tuneup?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    No I mean near the firewall - towards the rear.

No idea on ECU timing though. Possibly reprogramming to get the best timing for the dual plugs. Why not take it to the casa, then observe them at least for experience at least you know. Then after that on consecutive tune ups a few years down the road you'll know how to do it.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    As far as I know wala ng timing yang IdSI, para mga new generation VVTI ng Toyota. In my Innova wala ng timing, it is self adjusting done by the ECU. Just replace the spark plugs and off you go. You will only have the the ECU reprogrammed if you feel have problem with emmissions and fuel knocks or power adjustments.

Try to read the metal plates under the hood of your Honda, I'm sure it was written there that "no timing/adjustment needed" It should be written where you can find the spark plug gap information.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    big help sir!
    thanks!
    finding the other four sparkplugs na lang..hehe...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    you will find the other four towards the rear partially hidden by the intake manifold. look for the ignition coils lang to find where the plugs are.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    thanks! found them. 8 nga. 4 on each side. meron sa meh back part, near the wall. magastos pala. bought 80 pesos sparkplugs..sa lourdes autosupply. open sila pag sunday. laki pala natitipid pag u do the tuneup urself.

so..if the car doesn't have problems..d ko na kailangan pa timing check?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by winferrer View Post
    thanks! found them. 8 nga. 4 on each side. meron sa meh back part, near the wall. magastos pala. bought 80 pesos sparkplugs..sa lourdes autosupply. open sila pag sunday. laki pala natitipid pag u do the tuneup urself.

so..if the car doesn't have problems..d ko na kailangan pa timing check?

Question?

1. do you really have to change the spark plug?

2. since you changed it, what is wrong with it?

3. what is the condition of the spark plugs?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
8 spark plugs? timing? on a city idsi