New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    It does not depend on the age of the engine alone. Maintenance and driving style would also greatly affect fuel mileage. We have a 20 year old car that performs quite well. My 10 year old Accord (a/t) gets 8-9km/l.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    The main difference with engines then and now is that most new models have computer controlled fuel injection.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    C-5 daan ko.. usually traffik lang sa umaga but at night medyo luwag na esp. if i go out past 11pm...

what if palinis ko carburador ko? would this help?

just got the car kc a few months back and i don't know if mpalinis na un?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    or maybe sa idling; A/F mixture ko?

san ba mganda pa tune-up? mas okay ba sa casa nlang?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    tune-up muna the best way. casa. or a toyota-trained mechanic.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    A tune-up would be a good idea if you have not done this yet within the past 6 months. A little DIY knowledge would be a lot of help too.

If the idling speed or timing is not good fuel consumption would also usually go up.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    takaw naman nyan. i get 10+km/l city driving on my 1.6L auto tranny mitsu, aircon always on. baka malaki na butas ng jet ng carb. may overhauling kit yan.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    My corolla XE '96 - 9 km/li. city driving - Novaliches - Makati 30 kms one way. Nung bago sya mga 10 km/li. I think malakas ang consumption natin. My Innova Gas 2.0- same route, is 8 km/li.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i think all other things being equal except engine size, the gas mileage would be the same. e.g. corolla AE101 GLi and XE. because even though the XE has a 1.3L engine vs. the GLi, it's hauling the same weight around, and the "hotel load" is the same (aircon and power steering).

as for the 2.4L -- baka naman VVTi-L na camry yun :P i've "heard" that the 2.4L camry engine gets 1.6L mileage due to the VVTi-L.

personally i think 8.7km/L for that sort of driving is already acceptable. heck, here i am suffering with 6km/L mileage..

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I think your gas consumption is way to high for that little engine. By comparison, here is some of my vehicles consumption;
    3.3 truck - 20 mpg = 8 km per liter
    3.0 van - 22 mpg = 9 km per liter
    2.0 car - 35 mpg = 14 km per liter

It would be a good idea to get your car tuned-up by a trustworthy mechanic. Not all casa/dealer mechanic is good and not all run-down mechanic is bad, its how they work and how long they guarantee their work.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
8.7 km/L for Toyota 1.3