New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    di ko rin alam eh.... basta nagpapalit lang ako every 3 months nung ordinary pag nag pa tune up ako. pag di ko pinalitan di maganda yung takbo kahit linisin mo. yung splitfire nililinis lang ok na

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sulit Torquemaster. Used it in our terrano from day one till day sold.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix
    kahit 4 tip yan... the spark still only goes to one tip... it just has a choice of which one has the least resistance.

i would still just choose a properly gapped, correct heat range regular plug over one of these fancy ones
    yes, you maybe right. but based on my experience i felt the difference. one time during tune up i changed back to single tip NGK plugs. i was not happy with the acceleration. then i cleaned my old Bosch 4-tip and installed it back. mas maganda pa hatak kahit luma na.

my 2 cents.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    ask lang guys, whats the proper way of cleaning the plugs?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ang denso iridium spark plug (single tip) hindi ko alam bakit ang mahal 600/pc pero same lang din naman every 20K km pinapalitan...

samantalang yung denso na ordinary 300 lang ata ang set of 4 na tapos every 15K papalitan... oh well.

hindi na ako nagpakabit ng iridium

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    yes guys anong tamang paglinis ang spark plug

sa akin bosch platinum

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    just have the mechanic clean the plug for you. you might damage the tip pa if you don't do it properly.

iridiums really are meant for higher performance engines. they can sustain the spark despite high cylinder pressure kasi without being snuffed out.

if plugs get fouled soon that means there is something wrong with the air fuel mixture.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    if sobrang dami at wala ka nang malagyan ng pera mo, denso iridium. pag hindi normal oem plugs

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    i've been using those NGK types before ever since we got this corolla but when i tried on the Bosch Platinum 4 mas bumilis ang hatak ng tsikot ko.. syempre nagpalit din ako ng high tension wires para hindi sunugin ng spark plugs diba.. pero the thing is there is definitely a change in terms of performance.. my engine is stock with an open carb

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Like what Miggs pointed out, it's basic physics, least resistance, period. Unless your sparkplug has multiple spark tips (not the conductor tip), iisa lang labasan ng kuryente. Your "electric bolt" will not split into two if you use a V tip, it will not split into 4 if you use a 4tip, it goes to the ONE with the least resistance.

Mas lumalaki ngang chance mag misfire if you have multiple conducting tips since the current won't go straight to a designated tip eh, maghahanap pa yun between the "choices" that are available..

Gains on a stock engine? One word... PLACEBO.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
4-tip vs 1-tip spark plugs