New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    mga peeps, tanong ko lang. Nakakuha ako ng 2 ton jack for dirt cheap. Wondering if that is enough (weight and height) para i lift and 97 civic para mapalitan tires and oil change. thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oo naman...less than 2 tons lang ang cars and pick-up. kung mga nkr, canter .... hindi na pede yan.

dapat bumili ka rin ng jack-stand...most lift jack can lift but not hold on that lift...so pagkalift mo, salpakan mo ng jack-stand

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    dapat bumili ka rin ng jack-stand...most lift jack can lift but not hold on that lift...so pagkalift mo, salpakan mo ng jack-stand
    Have to agree with this. For safety reasons ito. Although some shops use only jacks, it's advisable to put stands. You'll never know when the hydraulics will fail (or someone pulls the release while you're underneath ).

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    A 2 ton jack will work, but know that the only thing that holds the car up are some O rings inside the piston and enough pressure to keep it steady. Get a good set of 2 ton jackstands and place them on the jackpoints (use wood if necessary) to relieve stress on the jack.

Of course, provided your Civic is near empty with luggage. This makes it much easier too.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Awesome. Will buy jack stands talaga, better safe than sorry. I was just reading someplace na yung guy ginamit 2ton jack but nasa limit na daw yung jack and hindi pa umaangat yung gulong sa ground. although Could be a blown suspension daw. I just wasnt sure kung limit na yung 2ton para sa civic. ayaw ko lang bumagsak kaagad pag akyat. hehe.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    you can get jackstands from DIY shops. Less than 2k for a pair.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    kaya ako minsan nag dadala ng block of woods ,pag mejo malayo ang pupuntahan at may mabigat na kargada.para pwede pang tukod at pang kalso sa Gulong na din

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    2 tons is roughly 4,000 lbs. already.

But yes, use jackstands. Nasa Php750.00 dati sa SM (KYK Brand).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    cool, thanks for the response guys.

/thread

2ton for civic?