New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    guys, ask ko lang if it is okay to have my car serviced outside of the casa. medyo mahal kasi ang charge ng casa for 20,000 km check up. based on the owner's manual, oil and oil filter lang ang papalitan, tapos the rest inspect lang. will it void the warranty?

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    that's one of the sacrifices you have to make during the warranty period.

if you have it done outside, you loose your warranty.

some dealers might give consideration, but will give you a hard time during warranty claim. for me, its not worth the hassle.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    usually dapat free, like in my case wala ako binayad sa pms for 2 years...

malamang para makatipid ka ng kaunti eh sa labas mo nalang bilhin iyun motor oil...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    if anything major goes wrong then they can use the fact that you missed a pms as a reason to not warranty the car.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    thanks for all the replies. I guess i just have to close my eyes and let the casa do it for 7K. sabi kasi nung iba, ang importante lang is that casa does the PM of the first 10,000 kms. then after that pwede na sa labas.

thanks again

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    normally kelangan lahat sa kanila unless you have some kind of arrangement with them.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    As long as warranty, dapat recorded na napapaPMS sa kanila(kahit ibang dealership pero same brand) every 5K(usually).

7K for oil/oil filter replacement? Ano po bang sasakyan yan?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hominid View Post
    As long as warranty, dapat recorded na napapaPMS sa kanila(kahit ibang dealership pero same brand) every 5K(usually).

7K for oil/oil filter replacement? Ano po bang sasakyan yan?
    i guess im really stuck with the casa until warranty expires. the 7k is for the 20T km PMS using synthetic oil. its for an altis by the way.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    spend a bit more now for peace of mind later on

20T km check up on a 1yr. old car